Oil and Fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want to gall the piston on the exhaust side?

I don't care what oil or gas you're using, mixing fuel 100:1 is asking for it in my book.

But thats just my opinion. The guys that sell pistons probably love it.:laugh:

Yep here we go, and I as well, My 2 cents here, just mix the fuel to the specs asked , try and use the best mix and best gas you can get. and make dang sure its tuned and chain sharp. just sayin.

I don't care what oil or gas you're using, mixing fuel 100:1 is asking for it in my book.

But thats just my opinion. The guys that sell pistons probably love it.:laugh:

100:1 HOT HOT ouch! I dont know of any saws made that ask for leaner than 50:1mix

I wouldn't even oil a squeaky door hinge with Amsoil! My dad manages a Case IH combine and sprayer shop and most of the lube related engine issues they see trace back to Amsoil. Had 2 sprayers and a combine come in with serious valve train problems, what do you think they all had in common?

Even 50:1 I add a pinch more oil, the more lubrication, the better I believe, 50:1 comes from the EPA I believe.

Hmmm, if you add a pinch more oil then its not 50:1. If 50:1 is the EPA mandate then it forced the oil producers to make better oil, oil that has better protection than the older 32:1 oils.

32:1 regardless of type or brand. Your saw will thank you.

My saw thanks me @50:1, like the tooth fairy it puts extra $ in my wallet while I sleep...

Hmmm, if you add a pinch more oil then its not 50:1. If 50:1 is the EPA mandate then it forced the oil producers to make better oil, oil that has better protection than the older 32:1 oils.

My saw thanks me @50:1, like the tooth fairy it puts extra $ in my wallet while I sleep...

Modern 2T oils ARE better than the old stuff but it's not because of the EPA, it's modern chemistry! The EPA doesn't care if our saws last or not.

You think you can notice the money you're saving by running 50:1 as opposed to 32:1? You must cut a hell of a pile of wood.

I don't believe I'm posting again in an oil thread. I'm outta here before someone starts about additive packages and the relative merits of a white plastic bottle versus a black plastic one . :msp_confused:

Buy good oil and don't be cheap with it. That's my two cents.

Who the heck is this guy cluttering up the interwebs with another dang oil thread?:msp_tongue:

I saw a guy run Amsoil at 100:1 once. :msp_ohmy: :potstir:

By running the wrong mix ratio just to save a buck dont make cents, I know I cant replace a few of the saws I have right now if they got burned up from being cheap. and my newer saws would take a paycheck plus to replace , I mix what they've called for and I , they are happy for it.

Back