Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are going to burn it, why not get some heat out of it?

We burn stuff with nails and other metal in it like broken down wood boxes on occasion. When the stove gets cleaned out, it goes to the burn pile anyways. If we didn't burn it in the stove, it would be burned on the burn pile. From there, it will eventually go into a dumpster.

Ordinarily we would. But I'm just not gonna deal with handling and processing it with all those nails in it. I've got some stumps that need burned. The hedge will make a good hot fire for that purpose.

I scrounge and burn construction wood, but not : painted, pressure treated, plywood, or particle board. Don't need to put that in the air.

If you do burn wood with nails in it (e.g. pallets) you can drag a speaker magnet through it to collect the nails for recycling, or to keep out of your garden, driveway, or wherever you might spread the ashes.

Philbert

attachment.php

I have an outbuilding with the exact same roof. :laugh:

This is my latest score. Its about 60% black locust. 2 massive hedge logs. A couple of really nice red oak and white oak logs. Some ash and a soft maple or two....

The best part is: IT WAS FREE and DELIVERED and STACKED ON MY PROPERTY.... :rock:

attachment.php

attachment.php

263565d1353594194-img_0907-jpg

Last edited:
This is my latest score. Its about 60% black locust. 2 massive hedge logs. A couple of really nice red oak and white oak logs. Some ash and a soft maple or two....

The best part is: IT WAS FREE and DELIVERED and STACKED ON MY PROPERTY.... :rock:

WHAT?????

Bwa, great score!

already pulled down and moved 2/3 of it with my trackloader with root grapple. easy-peasy....

That would do it. I don't own one so I'd be digging into it by hand, and pulling it apart with the truck, a chain, and a cant dog.

attachment.php

I don't know what to say.....there's just something so wrong about getting that much wood delivered for free.....:msp_mad:
No seriously, that is an AWESOME score!!! :clap: :bowdown:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Last edited:
Whitespider, I had a storage building like that too. Lastnight and today was moving day for it. Gonna be a big bonfire next rainy day. It was a playhouse that my Dad built for my 2 sisters over 40 years ago, it was time to go. He built it from wood he cut from our bush and cut up at a neighbours sawmill. He's in a nursing home now and my sister brought him out today to see it and the new one I built to replace it. Just have the siding and soffit to finish and it's ready to go. I have a hot tub in this one, cause it's all mine now. The dark picture is me pulling it to my burn pile with my backhoe jambed in the floor. View attachment 263602View attachment 263603View attachment 263604
263602d1353626845-playhouse1-jpg

263603d1353626845-playhouse2-jpg

263604d1353626846-newplayhouse-jpg

Here is another 1/3 of the recent score pile. There are 2 hedge logs that are about 28" in diameter and probably north of a ton each. I can lift 3000+ lbs with the track loader and I was driving on my toes moving them individually. Some seriously good burning there. Locust, hedge, elm and maple.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Since no one else has said it, I have to. owbguy YOU SUCK! :laugh: Who gets that much wood cut down and delivered to the split site for free. Way to go man we need some after pics when it's all cut and split. :msp_thumbsup:

Since no one else has said it, I have to. owbguy YOU SUCK! :laugh: Who gets that much wood cut down and delivered to the split site for free. Way to go man we need some after pics when it's all cut and split. :msp_thumbsup:

Such violence.

I may need to reconcider posting here or going to Wal-Mart.

I may never be the same again.

Started clearing this pile of logging culls and butts in order to clear a lane to much of the "Sandy wood".
235426d1335311728-2012-03-10_14-06-12_463-jpg

Two trailer loads in so far. Loaded the third today and jumped in the truck to head home with it...no keys...:bang: :censored:. Looked around a little; ended up coming home in the car with the truck, trailer and wood still in the woods next to the pile. Waiting for my brother to get home with the extra set of keys so I can get the load home. No clue how the keys got off the carabiner hooked to my belt loop without losing all my keys but glad I didn't lose them all!! :(

Such violence.

I may need to reconcider posting here or going to Wal-Mart.

I may never be the same again.

Yes, Muff ole buddy, we're a pretty violent crowd. We're pretty focused though, as long as you ain't a piece of wood, we won't try to cut, split, toss, noodle, or burn ya.

The Wally World crowd, you're on your own with. I won't be there to help ya.

I never take the keys out of the ignition of anything... ever!
In fact, I cut the heads off the keys and shove the shank in so it looks like there ain't a key in the ignition... couldn't get it out'a the ignition without a pick and a lot of patience (if it's one of those "electronic" keys, just hang the head under the dash/steering column somewhere with a zip-tie). And the best part?? Never any need for an "extra" or "spare" ignition key. All I ever need to keep track of is the door key, or remote button fob (on those rare occasions I actually lock the doors... and then there's an extra door key behind the license plate just in case). Ain't been locked-out or left hangin' with my weenie in my hand for something over 30 years now. Lost my keys and stranded myself once... made up my mind it would only be once!

Latest posts

Back