Bummer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even the most righteous shoot will change your future/finances for life. Personal injury attys. will pile on. No matter the record of the involved perp., you will spend thousands of times more than the cost of the theft. Some state laws may shield you to a certain extent. Are you willing to bet your future and finances on some law written by some guy in the state capital? Have you actually read the statutes? Have you met with the best atty. you can find/afford to discuss what will happen after a shooting?

Be sure you are out of options before using deadly force.

The phrase to remember is "I confronted him and he turned on me. I was afraid he was going to kill me!!!"

That is pretty much a free pass everywhere except the northeast.

Of course the evidence has to match. The theif can't be laying in a running away position with a hole in his back...........................................................unfortunately!

Jeremy, if your FIL doesn't get his saw back, I have an 028Super here that looks like POO but has great internals that I'll donate.
You can have it running great in about 1/2 hour.

Mike

yeah Up year they have the "P.Y.H.B.Y.L.A.K.Y.A.G.B." rule, thats Put your head between you legs and...well you can probably figure the rest out. But not all of us up hear follow the "victim mentality".

Even the most righteous shoot will change your future/finances for life. Personal injury attys. will pile on. No matter the record of the involved perp., you will spend thousands of times more than the cost of the theft. Some state laws may shield you to a certain extent. Are you willing to bet your future and finances on some law written by some guy in the state capital? Have you actually read the statutes? Have you met with the best atty. you can find/afford to discuss what will happen after a shooting?

Be sure you are out of options before using deadly force.

No sir, I beg to differ.
Firstly you have to have something in order for them to get something.
Secondly, and let there be no room for mis-interpretation here, I'm not gonna spend one thin dime defending myself from a stinking PI lawer or his clients, and they won't be spending one penny of my money........................ever!
I'll see the whole group in hell first.

And yes, as a matter of record I HAVE been extensively schooled in the KRS. (Kentucky Revised Statutes)

And lastly, I have never been one to avoid doing "the right thing" because of the possible consequenses.
"The only thing evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing"~Edmund Burke

Mike

Probley a crackhead. Too bad your dad did not reach for the correct tool to put a bullet in him.

Good that he didn't as that would have put his dad in jail for now and probably prison for a few years later.
Only a few states in the US allow us to protect our business with deadly force and none allow protection of personal (not real) property with deadly force.

Just saying, not that I agree, a thief is worse than a feral dog in my book. The dog at least deserves a quick end.

I wasn't talking about shooting a running man carrying a chainsaw. More power to him. As long as he stays away from my family I don't care what he took. But trying to get in my home is another thing. Hopefully the first shot will scare him away bc the 2nd shot is going to change his life forever. I Pray I never have to be faced with a situation like that :)

I wasn't talking about shooting a running man carrying a chainsaw. More power to him. As long as he stays away from my family I don't care what he took. But trying to get in my home is another thing. Hopefully the first shot will scare him away bc the 2nd shot is going to change his life forever. I Pray I never have to be faced with a situation like that :)

How can I not love this woman??

:love1:

Just remember that some states have retreat laws when it comes to shooting for crimes. You will/can be charged with shooting a person if you have the ability to retreat and also some states if you proven clear by law they can't come after you in a civil court for damages but some states they can come after you in civil court.

So if most situations a person would find a gun might be a way of holding/detaining a person for stealing something but certainly not for shooting them over property whether it is legal or not.

I hope the person is found found and saw returned. Sounds like the thief got lucky this time.

Yeah we have stand your ground law. If I have reason to believe I am in danger in my castle then I can shoot. I don't have to think if there is a way to run first. Gun friendly states are more friendly :)

I like using the word castle. I feel like royalty :) Wiggz, I need a crown ;)

They have to enter the threashhold in Va. And they still have to be an immediate danger to your life or your families. I guess you have to wait till they put a gun to your head. :msp_scared:

If someone kicks my door down and im laying in my bed in muh undies then I'm gonna be ready to open fire on the first person that enters my vision. I would let them know I was armed though, probably by firing one through the wall. :D

If outside the house though, they say you should be cornered without escape and in immediate danger of being killed before you can shoot in Virginia. I don't think I would try to run if someone pulled a gun on me. Heck, they would most likely just shoot you in the back.

Yeah we have stand your ground law. If I have reason to believe I am in danger in my castle then I can shoot. I don't have to think if there is a way to run first. Gun friendly states are more friendly :)

I like using the word castle. I feel like royalty :) Wiggz, I need a crown ;)

Wonder if I can trade a saw for a crown?

They have to enter the threashhold in Va. And they still have to be an immediate danger to your life or your families. I guess you have to wait till they put a gun to your head. :msp_scared:

If someone kicks my door down and im laying in my bed in muh undies then I'm gonna be ready to open fire on the first person that enters my vision. I would let them know I was armed though, probably by firing one through the wall. :D

If outside the house though, they say you should be cornered without escape and in immediate danger of being killed before you can shoot in Virginia. I don't think I would try to run if someone pulled a gun on me. Heck, they would most likely just shoot you in the back.

My grandpa always said that if they get in then it's more than likely too late. He said shoot at the door. Let them know you are serious. If they keep coming then aim at their head. He's a heck of a grandpa :)

It can't be orange!!

DF033358-70A6-4F93-A02D-C9B7DBE33EF7-2506-000001BAF55F8A0F.jpg

Every situation is different as some states will allow you to use deadly force to stop a crime from going on to another person but yet if you personally are being harmed and can retreat you are supposed to, but don't have to in order to aid another person.

Lots of rules that they go over in carry permit classes that are to give a basic understanding of what you have to be faced with. Often it seems the thief has the upper hand in some cases or I should say some states.

Lots of this most will never know until they have to hire an attorney to sort out a situation like this if it should ever happen.

The phrase to remember is "I confronted him and he turned on me. I was afraid he was going to kill me!!!"

That is pretty much a free pass everywhere except the northeast.

Of course the evidence has to match. The theif can't be laying in a running away position with a hole in his back...........................................................unfortunately!

Jeremy, if your FIL doesn't get his saw back, I have an 028Super here that looks like POO but has great internals that I'll donate.
You can have it running great in about 1/2 hour.

Mike

Weeelll.... that still works if you go FAR enough northeast.......pretty near to th end..........as long as you are in your home....and believe you or your loved ones are faced with bodily harm........the other guy won't put up of an arguement.....but you gotta be in your home....and not for just stealing......as you said..

Hell.... my great grandfather always kept a muzzel loader shotgun right behind the outhouse door......he was not to be taken unawares......I still got what's left of the gun.....and th outhouse too for that matter!!! LOL!!!

Latest posts

Back