husky 350 wont start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mummertcody

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all
my dad just came over with 350 we looked it over seems to be in good shape. looks like it needs a good cleaning but it wont start. it has a new plug fresh gas after a few pulls i checked the plug and it was dry so we dripped alittle fuel in the carb and it fired right up so long story short looks like we are not getting fuel. the filter looks ok but any ideas my next step in the day light would be to dive into the carb

Check the fuel line. Look for cracks/breaks where it passes out of the tank and also where the line passes through the plastic in the carb area. Mine failed there twice. There may be a casting imperfection that needs smoothing on your saw. Its subtle but enough to be the beginning of the end of a new fuel line.

has it been sitting?

If the saw has been sitting a while, the carburetor internal fuel pump and metering diaphragm may be hard. If so, you need to sell the saw to me - quick!

i will check the line.. i would sell it but its hard to sell when it was free ....

Back