Best saw builders for high performance pro work saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brain is a member here but got tired of all the stupid pissing matches. hes doing other things now but id say still builds a few saws.

Brain -- :msp_biggrin:. He is that. Heck of a smart guy. Shame he moved on, but I don't blame him. His talents were worth more than port jobs.

i am very certain that there are !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you will find that if your not costantly looking for an edge,better way and trying new things that your porting will go the the path of the dinosour. theres way to many builders still out there doing the same ol same ol that they have for umteen years. while yes it still works there have been leaps and bounds of improvement made by other builders.

you really think that ANYTHING being done in a standard chainsaw hasnt beed done already.....as with life, what is old is new again. There is much more a tendancy these days, due to the internet, to get caught up in the hype.

how many saw buildes check the POP on the stock saw sent them before modding them??

Id say there are also a few Canucks that could build a saw, and likey europe also....just because they arent flavour of the month on AS doesnt mean squat.

and yes there are a few good guys here, and as has been showen only sponser guys can be named.

What Id prefer more than a ported saw would be a week in the woods with the likes of DC, Treeslinger or JacobJ....

Don't forget lil' 'ole me...

|
|
|
|
V

Wow John. How long has that been in your signature. I really like the saws of yours that I ran and could tell that you do excellent work. I knew you did this kind of work but I didn't know that you were in business. Running your stuff inspired me to get my 440 ported. I'm a little late reading this thread.

Last edited:
Endoresement from the younger crowd

Since we're postin' videos, the lead guitarist from Route 66 runs a ported saw from EC and he's very happy.

Yes, he does play with his teeth at the 3:59 mark. Don't try this with your ported saw!

[video=youtube_share;6kW4NqALtQA]http://youtu.be/6kW4NqALtQA[/video]

Edit: Yes, that is Rusty Milner, long time lead guitarist for Marshall Tucker Band, playing bass in the background.

Last edited:
Joat is that your son I have met at GTG's in the past years. If so Dang he has grown tall and plays a heck of a guitar :rock:. Could listen to that all day in the shop.

Thanks for sharing the video. :cool2::msp_thumbup:

Found you from 2010 but not your son.

755815848_UfGTC-S.jpg

Last edited:
Joat is that your son I have met at GTG's in the past years. If so Dang he has grown tall and plays a heck of a guitar :rock:. Could listen to that all day in the shop.

Thanks for sharing the video. :cool2::msp_thumbup:

755815848_UfGTC-S.jpg

Yes, that's Duncan. Duncan chose to play with Bill's kids rather than run saws that day.

Here's a link to some other videos of Duncan. Sorry for the quality as they were done on my iPhone by the world's worst camera operator (me). If you look at the Proud Mary video, you'll see who occupies the majority of Duncan's time and attention.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCau0iPdqGWXnG8YRGxzHJOg?annotation_id=channel%3A71f75cfc-5507-260f-84a9-15174c3924&feature=iv&src_vid=OQMsWheIxos[/video]

Latest posts

Back