Kuuma wood gasification furnace?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimsbrain

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Couple of owners here very happy with them, and the company is a sponsor here, Garrett posts fairly regularly.

They should be along shortly to extol the virtues.

I take it you don't like your SJ? That's kinda surprising, I have heard very little negative about them.

There are at least 3 people (that I can think of) on here that have bought Kuumas in the last year or so, everybody seems to like them.

Kuuma is a good manufacturer and a sponsor on this site as are we.

You may also want to check our furnaces. EPA tested and rated (smokeless and no creosote) with the ability to multi-fuel. theres a few users on this site also using them.

PSG furnaces

View attachment 272556

Has anyone heard of this new wood furnace. I've been checking it out and it looks pretty amazing.:msp_scared:

I burn a superjack right now and I wish I had seen this Kuuma vaporfire prior to buying my Jack.:msp_sad:

check this link an video:

Kuuma Vapor-Fire 100 High Efficiency Forced Air Indoor Wood Gasification Furnaces by Lamppa Manufacturing Inc.

:clap:

We seem to get this a lot now :msp_biggrin: That's why it's really important that everyone does sufficient research before making a larger purchase. We have been around for many years, but didn't undergo the stringent efficiency and emissions testing ($$$$$) until 2010. We needed proof on what we knew about our furnaces capabilities. If you have any type of questions feel free to ask.

I just installed a Kuuma Vaporfire 100 this yr. I love it. I have a 3000sq ft home and it puts out tons of heat using very little wood. I fill it in the morning and and right before bed usually. Never look at it or anything inbetween fills.. So simple it's stupid!

I bought a Kuuma Vaporfire 100 for the house and am on the second year. It replaced a Yukon. I could not be happier with the furnace or the guys that build them. Daryl is an amazing person to deal with. I was so impressed with the Kuuma I bought another one for my shop this fall!!! Questions? Ask....I would love to talk about this amazing furnace.

Wish I had gone that route 6 or 7 yrs. ago instead of the wood eating smoke belching OWB I bought. Didn't do enough research before I leaped.

Wish I had gone that route 6 or 7 yrs. ago instead of the wood eating smoke belching OWB I bought. Didn't do enough research before I leaped.

Ya know I have so many people ask me why I didn't do that. And my thoughts are this. I don't want to load the furnace in the cold, wind, rain, snow, and ice! I wanna keep the heat in my house. Not lose heat transporting it.And they seem to eat a crap load of wood! Not to mention expensive to set up.

Has anyone heard of this new wood furnace. I've been checking it out and it looks pretty amazing.:msp_scared:

I burn a superjack right now and I wish I had seen this Kuuma vaporfire prior to buying my Jack.:msp_sad:

check this link an video:

Kuuma Vapor-Fire 100 High Efficiency Forced Air Indoor Wood Gasification Furnaces by Lamppa Manufacturing Inc.

:clap:

So are you thinking of buying one? Or just looking in enviously. Do a search on this site for KUUMA, you will find all the info and pics you will need.

The kuuma looks very nice...the only thing id like to see is better legs/leg bracing, and a glass door (if possible)....if that happens i may be a buyer sooner than later.

Ya know I have so many people ask me why I didn't do that. And my thoughts are this. I don't want to load the furnace in the cold, wind, rain, snow, and ice! I wanna keep the heat in my house. Not lose heat transporting it.And they seem to eat a crap load of wood! Not to mention expensive to set up.

You got it!

The kuuma looks very nice...the only thing id like to see is better legs/leg bracing, and a glass door (if possible)....if that happens i may be a buyer sooner than later.

You won't be seeing a glass door anytime soon it effects the efficiency more then we would like. I'm not sure what you mean about legs?

Legs are stout. Unless you intend to throw a log chain around the furnace and drag it in. We used a 2 wheel cart and wheeled it in. Set it in place.

You won't be seeing a glass door anytime soon it effects the efficiency more then we would like. I'm not sure what you mean about legs?

Yea i figured thats why there isnt any glass. I remember somebody bent the legs, or maybe the sheet metal at the legs, im not sure.

Please excuse my ignorance but is anyone using these to heat their water? I understand there may well be efficiency implications meaning the manufacturer may not offer this as an option, but is there any option people have used? It just strikes me that with such efficient units, why not heat water as well as air?

I am heating, or preheating my water with the VF 100. I use a tempering tank. The water coming into my water heater is around 110 deg. Could get higher but the house takes 5, 20 min showers, and 3 baths a day. A NORMAL family would see higher temps I'm sure.

I am heating, or preheating my water with the VF 100. I use a tempering tank. The water coming into my water heater is around 110 deg. Could get higher but the house takes 5, 20 min showers, and 3 baths a day. A NORMAL family would see higher temps I'm sure.
Thanks.
Is there some sort of heat exchanger you can buy and install downstream so to speak, or is there a direct connection to the furnace for this, or some other way?

Back