Dolmars going 100cc+ again!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
273127d1358045510-dolmar3-jpg

maybe we could get a look up the skirt..... just a quick flash?:laugh: Or just a description- will it maintain the "classic" look of the 9010 or follow a more "egg shaped" design? When the pic first came up, I near kissed this 23'' monitor trying to see thru that bag. :laugh:

Last edited:
Hey just remember that 166 may know absolutely nothing about this Dolmar test saw except what it looks and feels like. Apart from removing the filter cover and having a look that's likely to be where the information ends as the specs on test saws are a closely guarded secret.

Don't know but it is good to see a little bit of inovation in this small compay. That is a sign of survival will in my eyes.

What I find interesting is that Dolmar choose to go the 4 stroke road for a cut off saw instead of the direct injection road that Stihl is prefering. 4 stroke should have major advantages (proven system, less emissions because of the 4 stroke system, no oil gas mixing, less rpms because the cut off blade doesn't go so high in rpm's, easier maintanence like oil change, etc.). Of course it doesn't have the "bling" factor of direct injection.

:msp_confused::msp_confused::msp_confused:

Hey just remember that 166 may know absolutely nothing about this Dolmar test saw except what it looks and feels like. Apart from removing the filter cover and having a look that's likely to be where the information ends as the specs on test saws are a closely guarded secret.

Those guys know their stuff, one cut and they can tell everything they need to know about it :laugh:

. ....
But as we all know they will not even have a research budget 1/10 the size as Stihl or Husqvarna. So waiting for fantastic highly innovative new products is just kidding oneself. ....

That is exactly why I don't expect them to come up with any breakthrough innovations, and likely is the core of the problems they have had coping with EPA regulations as well.
They are struggeling because they are small.

I have a email into my rep to see if he knows anything about a 100 saw , I have not heard anything myself but will report back what I hear.
If anyone is ever up here in the sticks I have every model DOLMAR in stock . At least one and up to six units in every model from saws , blowers , water pumps, trimmers , cutoff saws , etc.

Those guys know their stuff, one cut and they can tell everything they need to know about it :laugh:

except what the reliability/durability is going to look like... :msp_sneaky:

I have a email into my rep to see if he knows anything about a 100 saw , I have not heard anything myself but will report back what I hear.
If anyone is ever up here in the sticks I have every model DOLMAR in stock . At least one and up to six units in every model from saws , blowers , water pumps, trimmers , cutoff saws , etc.

Where in Maine you at?
I'm up there every now and then.

Lee

Just got a warning from moderator for plugging my business. I have only been on here to help people out , if they think Im profiting off them they are wrong. I cant believe I have to pay to give information out. Its been nice talking DOLMARS with everyone here . doug

:)

My Rep Bruce just emailed back he has heard nothing of a 100cc saw from DOLMAR .

The reps probably won't have (but don't take that to mean I believe there is a 100cc Dolmar doing the rounds either). There are Husky test saws doing the rounds in Australia that I can assure you few if any reps would know about. I wasn't even meant to know about them :) But luckily I saw one before it was hidden and the "tester" knew absolutely nothing about the specs except that he had to treat it as bad as he could and if he killed it that he was to inform Husqvarna straight away.

Just got a warning from moderator for plugging my business. I have only been on here to help people out , if they think Im profiting off them they are wrong. I cant believe I have to pay to give information out. Its been nice talking DOLMARS with everyone here . doug

I can understand Doug but there are a number of Dolmar dealers on here who pay a minimum of USD$25 a month so they can advertise and talk about their business. I've dobbed a few fellow Australian business owners in who have tried a free plug on here without paying to be a sponsor. I don't think that was your intention though but them's the rules :cheers:

Who really cares, that one always was way too large and heavy for the power anyway, and was open port to add insult to injury?

...but what has this to do with 100cc + saws?

A totally different point is that the 153 was a true 100cc saw, while most other "100cc" saws actually were 98.5cc.....:msp_wink:

OH Boy. Thanks for the morning chuckle.

Unfortunately, Dolmar "reps" rarely have much if any info on new product until shortly before it is available.

No doubt about that, but it seems they are the exceptions, not representing the rule.

Must not be reading without rose coloured glasses old friend, as there are more than a few threads on AS where folks are complaining about lousy dealers and I hate to burst your bubble, but a good many of them are not just Dolmar distributors.

Must not be reading without rose coloured glasses old friend, as there are more than a few threads on AS where folks are complaining about lousy dealers and I hate to burst your bubble, but a good many of them are not just Dolmar distributors.

I know we were told by the OP to not talk about dealers but i can't resist...

I would rather have a good dealer with good service and no saws on the shelf ; than a shi* dealer with good saw selection... just sayin...

Back to the 100cc Dolly!!!

Of course all brands have some lousy dealers - but it also is obvious that the ones that were mentioned are not typical of the Dolmar dealers.

It also is obvious that the lack of a decent dealer network is one of the reasons that they don't sell more saws than they do. Their representation on AS is much larger than it is in the real world.

Latest posts

Back