Aftermarket slugs and jugs nmurph please respond?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And some saw troubles are purely based on incompetence of the user! If you're too stoopid to understand thread pitch, should you run power tools?

Where did thread pitch come in about circlips??

Reminds me of a time about 15 years ago, I was a foreman in a truck shop, I came into work and some kid had thought I had committed some
big mistake somewhere, , and he had put up a sign on the bulletin board which said, "Fish, your an idot!!!!!"

I waited until all of the mechanics were in the shop, and I called out to him, "What kind of idiot calls someone an idiot and cannot even spell idiot?????"

Quality Control on raw material is an ongoing issue even with the major manufacturers. Being a Quality Inspector for a Major Corporation, I've turned down poor quality steel several times, only to be over-ridden at times by some wet behind the ears engineer, and later rejected in the finished product inspection, and the entire production scrapped. What a waste. It all boils down to individual greed for mooolah at the expense of Corporate reputation.

Last edited:
I'll bet he tried to thread 5/16"NC (18 threads per inch) onto the studs which are M8-1.25.

And continued until he destroyed the case. I can understand Neal's reluctance to deal with him the second time, after being threatened the first time when it wasn't a failed part. Now that Neal knows it was a failed part, he's making it right. Stuff happens, and I for one, have no less confidence in Neal:clap:

Or, your and you're.

I think he was back on the ruined bar studs in the other thread.

Oh, I didn't read that one...

Naw, the kid thought he spelled idiot correctly, I didn't waste any time on the your-you're tangent. I had him on the ropes already with "idot"...

That same shop, before I was a foreman, had another loudmouth kid on first shift, and as always there was a shift rivalry, so he was always
trying to make second/third shift mechanics look bad.

Anyway, there was some new vending machines in the breakrooms that were set up to take dollar bills, one of the cola machines took your
dollar, but gave you no credits. This kid lost his dollar the first day, so he made an obnoxious sign about the machine, but added curse words
and started it as a list so anyone else could add their name if they lost a dollar, so his name was at the top of the list, and several other guys
had lost money too, so everyone put the amount they lost after their name.
So second shift came in, he was going on and on about the machine and making a usual ass out of himself, we saw that a bunch had
lost their dollar, so we didn't even bother trying it. I ended up having to do a double that night, so on my last break @ 4:00 a.m., I
was in the breakroom, I looked at the sign, and using the same color pen that he used, I made his $1.00 into $4.00.
When I was packing up my tools at 8:00, I heard the service manager in the office giving him hell. "What kind of idiot puts in $4 before
he gives up???!!!!"

Priceless......

I just go by a store with a large assortment of inner snap rings and get a pair that fit snug, why the piston makers don't use them I'll never know.

well, thats easy. they know in the shops the techs would use the snape ring pliers as generic needle nose pliers, levers, lunch break stick in the box target practice, etc., and ruin them, so why bother..

Oh, I didn't read that one...

Naw, the kid thought he spelled idiot correctly, I didn't waste any time on the your-you're tangent. I had him on the ropes already with "idot"...

At least he didn't call you an Instine...

Personally I think what Neal did was great for the buyer. I personally deal with used equipment and cars all the time, After Neals explanation on the first repair, and the time lapse of the second complaint, I would have told the buyer also to have a nice day. For Neal to offer to repair the saw again speaks volumns of the mans integrity. I think the buyer threatening the seller and fully expecting a full warranty after owning the saw for months speaks volumns about the buyer. Sorry Neal for being a little hard on you in the previous posts. I would do business with you any day. Keep up the good work.

I just go by a store with a large assortment of inner snap rings and get a pair that fit snug, why the piston makers don't use them I'll never know.

They are comparatively heavy and can work loose easily as a turning pin can turn them in the grove. IMO tailed wire circlips are also useless as the pin can wear on the tails till they break off. Only thing to use are tailless wire circlips. I cut the tails off tailed ones, if I don`t have any tailless.

Not trying to open any old wounds here but I just now noticed this thread. Neal made no attempt to PM me or email me about a possible solution to the problem but I'm OK with that. Mastermind made a very generous offer which I took him up on. I am going to write a review of mastermind's work after I get the saw back.....but only if the review is positive. I'm not interested in being put through the shredder again.

Not trying to open any old wounds here but I just now noticed this thread. Neal made no attempt to PM me or email me about a possible solution to the problem but I'm OK with that. Mastermind made a very generous offer which I took him up on. I am going to write a review of mastermind's work after I get the saw back.....but only if the review is positive. I'm not interested in being put through the shredder again.

Randy is the ONLY builder that gets my money! His workmanship and honesty and integrity are the best.

You have an interesting way of alienating people.

I'm in no way trying to alienate anyone, I'm simply sharing my opinion of a builder. There are quite a few people that call themself saw builders that I wouldn't let sharpen my chains.

Last edited:
Back