Which ported 50cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok cool. So what's the real difference between the 2 jugs? Both are 46mm bore so I'm guessing it has something to do with port location and shape?

The super is 46mm the 028wb is 44.....the older av model is even smaller I think.

Another thing that differs on the 028 Super is that it has a popup piston from the factory.

My 028 AV is just a 44mm "I wish I was a Super" WoodBoss...
I could get a 46 jug and slug and make it one, but then it wouldn't be original...
That saw was purchased new in 1984 when I was 12... I was responsible for keeping my family warm, since there was no one else to do it.
So I guess we share a history...
Even if it IS a Stihl....:msp_rolleyes:

I could get a 46 jug and slug and make it one, but then it wouldn't be original...
That saw was purchased new in 1984 when I was 12... I was responsible for keeping my family warm, since there was no one else to do it.

Before I found AS and learned better. The only saw I owned was an 028WB. It heated my house for many years.

My BIL uses an 028 for his outside wood boiler to this day,his 031 died.Don't know why but I have offered to sell him at least 6 saws from 50cc to 70cc with half ported and he keeps saying no:confused:He only has maybe a half cord sitting in front of the boiler now.He did get the 028 from his dad.Acres does not list an 028 Super so I thought it was larger.

i thought that they exterminated all the mini macs that were in tn so that they couldnt infect other saws. :potstir:

YOU WERE 12 IN 1984?????

DAMN KIDS!

Mike

i thought that they exterminated all the mini macs that were in tn so that they couldnt infect other saws. :potstir:

From ported 346's to mini macs:dizzy:
I did terminate a mini mac with some help a couple years ago and still have it hanging in a tree out back for the buzzards.
attachment.php

Got all your crap sorted out yet Terry?

Got all your crap sorted out yet Terry?

im almost moved in,i just need a couple of strong backs and weak minds to help move the lathe up to the new shop.ive got most of my hand tools tools moved. i just need to get rest the big stuff moved.

He's a lyrical miracle!

I came from Ohio with a grinder in my hand,
I only wanted to port every saw in the land,

Initials are BS, name is Brad,
I’ve got OCD really bad.

I’m head of the Ohio Chainsaw Mafia,
Gimme a rah, rah, rah, sis boom bah,

I’ve got OCD really bad.

Take your cylinder and I’ll grind away,
It’s only a hobby, but ya gots to pay,

I’ve got OCD really bad.

I used to like Stihl, they are the best,
Compare to others? There’s no contest,

I’ve got OCD really bad.

Now I like the Huskys, they’re supreme,
Just my opinion, know what I mean?

I’ve got OCD really bad.

Now look at that Dolmar, it’s awfully fast,
I only modded two, my first and last,

I’ve got OCD really bad.

I tried to tackle the five, five, oh,
I ground away but it wouldn’t go,

I’ve got OCD really bad.

Listen to me! Port the three forty six,
It’s OCD, I’m not really a prick,

I’ve got OCD really bad.

I came from Ohio with a grinder in my hand,
I only wanted to port every saw in the land,

I’ve got OCD really bad.

I’m head of the Ohio Chainsaw Mafia,
Gimme a rah, rah, rah, sis boom bah,

I’ve got OCD really bad.

Take your cylinder and I’ll grind away,
It’s only a hobby, but ya gots to pay,

I’ve got OCD really bad.

I used to like Stihl, they are the best,
Compare to others? There’s no contest,

I’ve got OCD really bad.

Now I like the Huskys, they’re supreme,
Just my opinion, know what I mean?

I’ve got OCD really bad.

Now look at that Dolmar, it’s awfully fast,
I only modded two, my first and last,

I’ve got OCD really bad.

I tried to tackle the five, five, oh,
I ground away but it wouldn’t go,

I’ve got OCD really bad.

Listen to me! Port the three forty six,
It’s OCD, I’m not really a prick,

I’ve got OCD really bad.

I had trouble with the pentameter of this one...:eek:ps:

I think I failed to read it as it was meant to be read...

I've built engines with as much as 240psi without seeing any issues with a lack of RPM. In these saw engines I think we will see damage to components before we reach a point of diminishing returns.

Rolltide's 395XP is blowing 235psi and the only issue we've seen is a bit of run on when it's shut off after a long cut in wood over 36". Octane boost cured that though. I don't see the starter lasting as long but the saw is a freaking beast.

I have a 444SE running a Squish that is .016, pushing 230psi with a tiny pop up. I am using 94 octane fuel. The detonation before I took a bit off the pop-up that had her at 240psi + cold(before the rings seated) hugely affected the RPM's, as it would act exactly as though it hit a limiter. At 230psi throttle response is instant and torque is amazing for a 44cc saw. I opened up the exhaust as much as I dared and she will rev until she explodes(ask me how I know). I actually have it running a bit rich in my vids, not at all set up for cookies. The carb is also opened up as much as I dared and the exhaust and intake numbers would confuse the builders here ;).
Well, it would if they thought it was a woods build...

Back