What do you guys stack your wood on

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use wooden pallets as well but I am trying to find plastic pallets. Good heavy ones are not easy to find unless you pay for them. I have found some plastics ones but they are not going to hold up, one broke just by stepping on it.

I kind of like the cinder block idea. The only thing for me is I may have to move them come summer time and that would be a chore moving that many blocks.

Crossties:

Stacked001.jpg

Hello,
I think Del has us all beat with his cement block idea. He is correct when he says they will never wear out.......only thing I can see is that there is a lot of places for critters to hid !!!!!

Henry and Wanda

Use the good sturdy pallets. All pallets are not the same. Then put the pallets on pt landscape timbers. Should get at least 10 yrs out of it. And they are higher for more air to get under.

Use the good sturdy pallets. All pallets are not the same. Then put the pallets on pt landscape timbers. Should get at least 10 yrs out of it. And they are higher for more air to get under.

Absolutely..
Good Solid Hard Wood Pallets last a long time..

Got a roll of 4' house wrap at a tag sale for a buck and started stapling it underneath my pallets this year, hopefully I'll get a few more years out of them.

+1 on the comment that all wooden pallets are not the same, I would recommend seeking out some sturdy hardwood pallets with thick deck boards so you don't have trouble walking on them.

In regard to plastic pallets, the heavy duty ones are super strong and will certainly last forever, but watch out while walking on them when they are wet with rainwater or snow, slippery is an understatement.

the lumberyard down the road from me gets these 20' long paletts made of that fake mahogany decking boards that hold up really really well.
every now and than they toss out warped, chipped, and cracked boards as well which hold up really well to being wet.

1. runners (old metal bed frame rails, old skis, door rails and stiles) levelled via various wood and cement scraps.
2. pallets.

I've got a bunch of cedars, so I usually cut a few sections of 3-5" trees and stack on them. If you don't let them lie directly on the ground longer than needed, they'll last a good number of years. I'm on year five on some of mine.

I.m planning a new wood shed this year and my thoughts are to put about 12" of 3/4 clear gravel under for the floor so there is no heavy moisture... Nice to walk on and everlasting...

I use pallets and I hate them. I'm going to build some stack racks out of pressure treated lumber this spring. If I do it right I will be able to use the carryall on my tractor to move stuff around as needed.

great ideas,like the blocks with treated lumber,going to have to try:clap:

Back