Stihl MS-441 CQ Magnum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Alpha1

100% USDA Certified Abnormality-Free.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I was bumming around some today, and stopped in at my local ACE Hardware Store. They usually don't have a lot of Stihl products on display, but was surprised today that they had a MS-441 C-Q.

Anyways, kind of found it strange that they would have one for sale, as most looking for this caliber of saw, would most likely go to a fully dedicated Stihl dealer instead.

It was priced at $979.00. I think it had at least a 25" bar on it. Very impressive saw!

That seems to me an odd saw to have in stock, so my guess is either it was deal for them to get, a screw up on an order, or somebody put a deposit to order it and never returned.

The Ace dealer near me sells the full Stihl line, with a focus on the pro models.

If it was a CQ, that is a quickstop model. That's a consumer feature for sure, and seems odd on a saw like the 441. I haven't ever seen a quickstop model at either of my two local Stihl dealers.

That seems to me an odd saw to have in stock, so my guess is either it was deal for them to get, a screw up on an order, or somebody put a deposit to order it and never returned.

Yes, I thought the same thing. I've been in that store many, many times, and pretty much know what they'll have on the shelves.

Usually, they have about 4 or 5 saws that are popular sellers and about 6 or 7 line trimmers. For the most part, they don't carry big money Stihl's.

Actually.....I was shocked to see it on the shelf. I'm gonna go back tomorrow and take another look-see at it. Maybe talk to some help and see how it ended up there.

I didn't get a chance to drop back in at the hardware store to take a better look at that MS-441.

But, I did call and spoke to a female about it. She said that it's a MS-441R32 (R C-M?). It has a 36" bar on it. She also said that it's priced at $939.00.....not that $979.00 as I had stated previously.

I asked her about it being on the shelf, and if it had been special ordered for someone, who didn't pick it up? She said that occasionally, they will order in larger saws during certain times of the year. She said that it's been on the shelf for about 4 days.

Anyways, I'm gonna make it a point to go in tomorrow and look at it.

Last edited:
You should buy it Dano and get the high output oiler and you can really sling some bar oil around the garage:laugh:

There are less parts in a Rolex than that CQ setup... not quite but they are complex IMO. Pretty cool feature, but not my cup of tea.

You should buy it Dano and get the high output oiler and you can really sling some bar oil around the garage:laugh:

Naw......way too much saw for me. But, I'm curious about it, and since I have all this time on my hands, I'm gonna spend some of it. :msp_biggrin:

That's what's sooooo cool about being retired. :msp_thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back