USPS barge has run aground. Again!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been waiting on a saw carcass I won (?) on evilbay 1/15. Seller shipped it parcel post on the 16th and posted the tracking number. Last it was scanned was at Macon, Ga. the 16th as forwarded.

Now it is the 30th and still no package. Contacted seller and he got back right away and tells me due to storms in the south eastern states that the post office is way behind.

Anyone else in the midwest or west waiting on packages form the east?:msp_scared:

Don't get me wrong, I like parcel post as it is cheap and so am I.:msp_biggrin:

2 weeks is ridiculous even for parcel post. OTOH, I took a package to UPS and the $ was outrageous.

I shipped 2 12" Tanaka pole saw bars to the winning ebay bidder in California on the 11th, USPS parcel post...he still hasn't recieved them :confused:

I've got an account and have received several "service Alert" notices from FedEx of late pertaining to expected delays in the south and mid-west, the latest having arrived yesterday. I'd imagine USPS would be dealing with similar challenges.

:censored:eek:h wow! we'll see i have a package coming from that region shipped monday,supposed to be here tomorrow lets hope

I ship all my saws parcel post because it's both cheap and convenient. I don't have a mailing center close by for UPS or FedEx so it is a pain to ship things with them. It is definitely a guessing game when they'll arrive. By the way, I almost never get tracking on the boxes as I haven't found it to have any real meaning... Just an extra 85 cents that doesn't help the package get there any faster.

I sent a john deere saw usps three weeks ago and he still does not have the saw and this guy lives in the same state I do.

I have been waiting on a saw carcass I won (?) on evilbay 1/15. Seller shipped it parcel post on the 16th and posted the tracking number. Last it was scanned was at Macon, Ga. the 16th as forwarded.

Now it is the 30th and still no package. Contacted seller and he got back right away and tells me due to storms in the south eastern states that the post office is way behind.

Anyone else in the midwest or west waiting on packages form the east?:msp_scared:

I sold a saw and sent it via USPS Parcel Post. Buyer said that's what he wanted, cause it was so much cheaper than Priority Mail.

It took 13 days for it to arrive. When it did arrive, buyer said that the box that the saw was in, looked like it had been a play toy for about a dozen gorillas.

Lucky for me, I packed it very well.

Ok its time for you dudes to reveal your EBAY identity so I NEVER BUY ANYTHING from you. I hate parcel post. The only one I received took so long I was afraid it would never come. Then it looked like they tried to run over it with a fork lift. I never ship anything parcel post. If I use USPS -- I always use priority mail. But the postal service is not know for its reliable service. They are the only company I've ever seen that can charge you a price for shipping, tell you the time it will arrive (which it rarely makes) and then basically tell you to get over it -- if its late. From what I've seen you have no recourse -- if you complain to the post master it is just a waste of time. My 2 pennies.

Took a month to get a box a few years ago...there was a note that box ripped on conveyer and box was shipped to IL.......all the stuff I needed was lost...they blamed the shipper for poor wrapping...so why the hell did usps even take the box in the first place..

I ship everything PP. I have only had about three issues in the hundred or so saws I have shipped in the last 1.5yrs, and two of those were in the last month. Otherwise, it is usually a couple of days slower than Priority and the cost is about 1/2 the cost of Priority, UPS, or FedEx. I will say that I bought some rings last week. They shipped last Tuesday and started out 150 miles south of me, went nearly all the way to the other end of Florida, and then arrived at the house on Saturday. I could have bicycled down there quicker.
FYI, tracking is now free (as of Monday) on USPS Priority packages. It's not worth much, but it's better than sitting in the dark.

i will never buy anything that weighs more than 2 pounds shipped parcel post again bought 2 saws that way quickest one was 7 weeks to get here it aint worth the couple of bucks you save!

I've recently had good luck with USPS PP. The package I sent took 3 days, the one I received took 4 days. I tracked both using Delivery Confirmation (eighty-five cents well-spent IMO), neither got bounced around the country.

OK, I get it, three or six weeks is normal delivery time. Yikes!

I'm being too impatient.:msp_unsure:

Meanwhile I've missed several items I will need for the project because the auctions on evilbay have expired. :censored:

Thanks fellas.

Carl.

Back