The big blow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flashhole

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Don't know how much truth there is to this but I've heard on multiple occasions from multiple sources it's windy in New York because Pennsylvania sucks. :hmm3grin2orange:

Well Pennsylvanian's must suck big time because the local weather service is forecasting wind gusts in the Owego, NY area in excess of 60 miles per hour tomorrow. Oh boy, more storm damaged trees for firewood. I hope my driveway escapes carnage. The last big blow took out two large trees, an oak and a hemlock and it took me most of the day to piece them out and clear passage. At least the rain and warm temps (58 today) cleared out all the snow and ice.

Pack up your gear and head to Georgia. It looks like they gained a bunch of toothpicks there today. They'll be cleaning up that mess for a while. :msp_scared:

Don't know how much truth there is to this but I've heard on multiple occasions from multiple sources it's windy in New York because Pennsylvania sucks. :hmm3grin2orange:

I don't care who you are... That's funny!
For the record I think it's true, cause we getting some wind in NJ too!:potstir:

Man it must really suck because it's very windy in N. Mi. and it's blowing that way.:hmm3grin2orange:

I cannot, for the life of me, figure how ANYONE from NY or NJ figures Pennsylvania sucks. All you have to do is see the traffic mess every morning and night on Rt.80 coming into and out of NJ. Most of those "commuters" USED TO LIVE" in NY and NJ. Whats that tell you.........I evacuated NJ 30 years ago. Now it is purely painful every year when I go there to visit relatives. Having been born in Pa., I have no idea how you even think for a second that Pa sucks...............just sayin', now carry on. LOL!!!!!!!!

It is beautiful and the people are normal, not like them NY City folk with a chip on their shoulder and a funny accent ... but at the moment there is a stiff wind blowing toward Pennsylvania. More proof???

I cannot, for the life of me, figure how ANYONE from NY or NJ figures Pennsylvania sucks. All you have to do is see the traffic mess every morning and night on Rt.80 coming into and out of NJ. Most of those "commuters" USED TO LIVE" in NY and NJ. Whats that tell you.........I evacuated NJ 30 years ago. Now it is purely painful every year when I go there to visit relatives. Having been born in Pa., I have no idea how you even think for a second that Pa sucks...............just sayin', now carry on. LOL!!!!!!!!

Using north Jersey as a comparison to the southern part of the state will make you believe this.

Exactly!!! All the commuters are coming in from Penncletucky on Rt 80. Just proof the state must suck... A bunch of idiots moving farther away from their jobs, so their commute is longer, that's genius?

I can handle the wind at 60, but when it starts turning in tight circles and running 60 straight line I have a problem then. All that left to do is hide, it you can.

speaking of pa/ny i saw an ad on c-list a guy has 20acres on the border but in pa and wanted to trade for a newer pickup...all wooded with a little stream..flashole i heared that wind lastnight and thought let the scrounging begin

Easy now....all of NY is not like the "city" I'm 200 miles from that ass jamb :clap: Kinda like associating parts of PA with philly :dizzy:

And yes the wind is blowing like a mofo here today!

speaking of pa/ny i saw an ad on c-list a guy has 20acres on the border but in pa and wanted to trade for a newer pickup...all wooded with a little stream..flashole i heared that wind lastnight and thought let the scrounging begin

I need to take a walk around the property and see what new pickings momma nature has provided.

Back