MONKEYED NE346XP non CAT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have my monkeyed 346 with at the races in grantsburg, well have to compare. Nice saw. I don't blame you for not wanting to go outside it just stupid cold out.

Looks similar to my 346XP Scott did the 359 carb upgrade to :msp_biggrin:

I wanted the primer bulb gone though so I bought a new cover for it without the bulb provision.

It runs fantastic and I did gain RPM's and throttle response from the swap, but I wish I would have done this swap at the same time as when Scott ported it, as it was ported before the thought had even crossed my mind to ditch the stock Zama. Mines probably not ported 100% optimally for the 359 carb, but it sure runs fricken' great none-the-less.

253848d1348411672-1-jpg

Looks similar to my 346XP Scott did the 359 carb upgrade to :msp_biggrin:

I wanted the primer bulb gone though so I bought a new cover for it without the bulb provision.

It runs fantastic and I did gain RPM's and throttle response from the swap, but I wish I would have done this swap at the same time as when Scott ported it, as it was ported before the thought had even crossed my mind to ditch the stock Zama. Mines probably not ported 100% optimally for the 359 carb, but it sure runs fricken' great none-the-less.

253848d1348411672-1-jpg
I like that top cover:clap:I did not ask Scott if he ported mine for the 359 carb.I am going to try and get out tomorrow and make some cuts with it.Did you use the 359 air filter like me?

I know.I am thinking you would be the last person to say anything negative about the 346xp.

One more thing, if your conditions aren't really dusty, try a mesh air filter instead of the "flocked" one. It may make the air flow even better. :msp_wink:

I don't think you will be dissapointed with his work for sure. Is this the first one he has done for you?

I ran today the MS660 for the first time he ported a few weeks ago. I had a 28" bar but for the final cut I put the 36" on it and it pulls it with authority:msp_w00t:

It was 15 degrees out and I wasn't too happy to be in that cold of weather dropping trees, but since I knew it was my first time out with this saw somehow I forgot about the cold for 2 1/2 hours I was there.

I like that top cover:clap:I did not ask Scott if he ported mine for the 359 carb.I am going to try and get out tomorrow and make some cuts with it.Did you use the 359 air filter like me?

yep, mine looks identical to yours under the cover :rock:

Did you have yours ported while it was at his place getting the carb swapped or was it ported previously?

Very nice saw you got there. Cant wait to see or hear it cutting wood.:chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back