The remembering prectice110 thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lived like that too for many years. That's a real hard life.

Again, great pict, I saved it.

Dave

I was like that too, when in the USMC, could not drink on the job, but we would close the bar then get up for PT at four or five in the am. Some hard living, now adays I get buzzed off of two beers. Had a few buddies who needed a cardiac needle in the ER.

Crying shame about ol Matty boy.

A rain day bump for Matt. Time to pull the gear inside and grab a wrench and a grease gun and maybe a memorial beer.

Those were the days I most remember...!

Just found this old and forgotten song, which I am sure Matt would have loved and probably would have known, too. That´s the kind of stuff that nobody else but him would have known...! He was one of a kind and I hope he can hear it up there, if I crank it up and play it really loud...!

Poet & The One Man Band - Days I Most Remember (1969)
Poet & The One Man Band - Days I Most Remember - YouTube

It's strange, even though I never met matt in person, I still miss him from time to time. Was thinking of him recently myself. He was definitely one of my favorite people on the site. One of the very few I actually would consider a "tree brother".

DSC00186.JPG This was the last job I helped Matt with and we got to punch a hole thru the guys drive way, being replaced the following week. This pic and the one above were taken about a month before his passing. Fun day! One of a four tree removal day start and seven done by one.

Couple years ago I met a gal from Matt's town. I've been to Crystal Lake almost every weekend since. I find my self thinking would there be a single tree left if he was still with us, lol. I tried reading the whole thread but it gets hard after a few pages! I can't believe it's been so long I still remember the few times I got to meet him in person like it was yesturday.

Couple years ago I met a gal from Matt's town. I've been to Crystal Lake almost every weekend since. I find my self thinking would there be a single tree left if he was still with us, lol. I tried reading the whole thread but it gets hard after a few pages! I can't believe it's been so long I still remember the few times I got to meet him in person like it was yesturday.

we are all gonna die,, just be happy,,done.
Jeff

Back