whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now this is how you total a machine with a bang ............ I bet the sound of the drum coming through the box was horrific . Sad part of this is the machine only had 1800 hrs on it , and its a clean machine ! But trash now
e4ygatam.jpg
radaha9a.jpg
a7uharug.jpg
anu8ydyr.jpg
muby7uze.jpg

Dang! WTF happened?
Jeff

I dunno Jeff I bought it like that , I was told they were chipping tips Of a tree that was previously topped , and they fed in a knotted burl , and all hell broke loose , a piece of blade went threw the side of the chip truck missing the cab by like 4" , supposedly it was pretty bad .... I bought her for parts . Shame for sure , it's not fixable though , just a spare parts machine

Finally got around to splicing some Poison Ivy again.
There has gotta be an easier way to pull the core through the cover. The you-tube video on splicing Blue Moon makes it look like a cakewalk, but after breaking the snare on he Toss Wand, I went with a wire fid, and it was brutal.

View attachment 277240

Don't encourage him.

He's probably in that garage right now sitting there all pied eyed contemplating all its enticing well-formed glory.

I am a little riled up. Me and Mrs Dan were going at for about an hour, around nine I was dozing off while reading Deadeye #### and smelling my fingers to the sound of a neighbors dog sounding off incessantly. They usually leave it out for about 15 minutes around 8 pm each night to bark its ####ing head off but it was still going off after an hour so I went up there.
Dude comes out and I am like " How ya doing! I thought something was wrong because the dog has been barking non-stop for an hour, are you OK?"
Dude told me he was fine and the dog's barking is used to chase off the deer that eat his plants and didn't I want the deer not to eat my plants too.
I think there is something terribly wrong with Dude.
I told Dude that its pretty much a nuisance to allow a dog to carry on like that , that I was pretty sure his other neighbors didn't appreciate it and that if he didn't want deer in his yard he shouldn't live in the woods and that I was just trying to sleep.
Then Dude asked me if I was watching the Superbowl to which I replied " #### the Superbowl! Didn't I just tell you I was trying to go to sleep?"
So Dude goes ," I know just a bunch of rich #######s right?" and gawkes at me with a the loopiest, most inane set of eyeballs I have seen in quite a while.
I asked Dude not to make me start calling the police with complaints of animal cruelty , abuse and being a nuisance and impolitely requested he remove his Smeigal like fingers from my truck then I left.
One of Smeigal Dude's MO's is to creep up behind my running chipper and try to get me to clean up a falling tree that fell across his driveway. Smeigal Dude has done this a couple of times and it sure freaks me out. I am set with the notion that any civilian that walks up around a running chipper is a full blown idiot of the sort I don't wish to spend my time dealing with and if most cases they are trying to get me to do something I don't want to do and they know it. Smeigal Dude was looking to see if I was sucker who would do it for 50 bucks. That happens a lot. Its almost as bad as when you give someone some free firewood logs and they yell at you for it.
That's pretty common too. It starts off innocently enough, I asked them if they are sure they want it, their eyes light up , say " Sure, my husband has a chain saw!", or " I used to live on a farm", or, " I need the exercise". But when reality hits them its somewhat less than spectacular and sometimes they call me back demanding I do something about the free firewood logs I gave them out of my own generosity. So i don't do that anymore, its thankless. And ain't Youtube chock full of " husbands with a chainsaw?" Sometimes I spend a whole Saturday night drinking tequila and watching that ####.
Yeah Yeah, NO WOOD FER YOU! Anyway a few years ago, after listening to Smeigal Dude's dog bark for 4 hours well into the middle of the night i drove up there and made off with the animal. First I knocked on the door for awhile but nobody answered. So i took of the animal's electric collar, stuffed it in my truck , took it to my place and gave it some water. The dog was pretty thirsty after being out there that long without and water. You know what kind of people leave a dog out in the summer without water? Yep! That's what they are sometimes called. I called the number on the collar and when Smeigal Dude's dip#### wife came for the dog I told her all about it and maybe she should send Smeigal Dude down himself. That's when I first met Smeigal Dude and what a fruitcake he is, it wa appalling, a true conniver of the lamest sort.
Now where was I? Oh yeah, the smell on my fingers...

Last edited:
He's probably in that garage right now sitting there all pied eyed contemplating all its enticing well-formed glory.

I am a little riled up. Me and Mrs Dan were going at for about an hour, around nine I was dozing off while reading Deadeye #### and smelling my fingers to the sound of a neighbors dog sounding off incessantly. They usually leave it out for about 15 minutes around 8 pm each night to bark its ####ing head off but it was still going off after an hour so I went up there.
Dude comes out and I am like " How ya doing! I thought something was wrong because the dog has been barking non-stop for an hour, are you OK?"
Dude told me he was fine and the dog's barking is used to chase off the deer that eat his plants and didn't I want the deer not to eat my plants too.
I told Dude that its pretty much a nuisance to allow a dog to carry on like that , that I was pretty sure his other neighbors didn't appreciate it and that if he didn't want deer in his yard he shouldn't live in the woods and that I was just trying to sleep.
Then Dude asked me if I was watching the Superbowl to which I replied " #### the Superbowl! Didn't I just tell you I was trying to go to sleep?"
So Dude goes ," I know just a bunch of rich #######s right?" and gawkes at me with a the loopiest, most inane set of eyeballs I have seen in quite a while.
I asked Dude not to make me start calling the police with complaints of animal cruelty , abuse and being a nuisance and impolitely requested he remove his Smeigal like fingers from my truck then I left.
One of Smeigal Dude's MO's is to creep up behind my running chipper and try to get me to clean up a falling tree that fell across his driveway. Smeigal Dude has done this a couple of times and it sure freaks me out. I am set with the notion that any civilian that walks up around a running chipper is a full blown idiot of the sort I don't wish to spend my time dealing with and if most cases they are trying to get me to do something I don't want to do and they know it. Smeigal Dude was looking to see if I was sucker who would do it for 50 bucks. That happens a lot. Its almost as bad as when you give someone some free firewood logs and they yell at you for it.
That's pretty common too. It starts off innocently enough, I asked them if they are sure they want it, their eyes light up , say " Sure, my husband has a chain saw!", or " I used to live on a farm", or, " I need the exercise". But when reality hits them its somewhat less than spectacular and sometimes they call me back demanding I do something about the free firewood logs I gave them out of my own generosity. So i don't do that anymore, its thankless. And ain't Youtube chock full of " husbands with a chainsaw?" Sometimes I spend a whole Saturday night drinking tequila and watching that ####.
Yeah Yeah, NO WOOD FER YOU! Anyway a few years ago, after listening to Smeigal Dude's dog bark for 4 hours well into the middle of the night i drove up there and made off with the animal. First I knocked on the door for awhile but nobody answered. So i took of the animal's electric collar, stuffed it in my truck , took it to my place and gave it some water. The dog was pretty thirsty after being out there that long without and water. You know what kind of people leave a dog out in the summer without water? Yep! That's what they are sometimes called. I called the number on the collar and when Smeigal Dude's dip#### wife came for the dog I told her all about it and maybe she should send Smeigal Dude down himself. That's when I first met Smeigal Dude and what a fruitcake he is, it wa appalling, a true conniver of the lamest sort.

You better get back to bed.

I hope I never see or hear that kissing commercial again! The sound of them kissing made me want to punch them in their ####suckers! I had to mute the tv.

Looks like a lack of grease,,View attachment 277253View attachment 277256

The zerks that are hard to find seem to take second place to production.
I am curious about the bearing in the clutch housing that is set by the manufacturer. Out of all our Morbark's,,it is the newest one we have and has a totally blown clutch and shaft bearing,,not operator caused.
Jeff

picked Mom up at her assisted living apartment, took her to see dad at his memory care facility, pushed him around the halls for a while, went to his room where we watched the end of Dances With Wolves. What a depressing movie..

They did a trepan on him a few weeks ago, had staples running from ear to ear. Still does not know where or when he is, though he recognizes us and calls us by name...keep telling myself that that is good...

We lost my FIL in September, lost most of Dad in december, Still catch myself with a story or joke that i know Wally (FIL) or Dad would have like...ooo can't wait to share that...uhhh guess I cant any more ... damn.

That and trigonometry has been taking up a lot of my time as of late.

You better get back to bed.

Or back to therapy. I should have my head checked for going up there, probably have the police on me for terrorizing them.
You know all the crazy #### going on in this world I have to be bothered by some freak and his dam dog. I should have just called the police and reported it as a nuisance and abuse but they are actually in another township and rely of the state police and i am pretty sure they aren't coming out for that.
And I mean this guy is always creeping up on me. I did try to be civil but man I don't really have the capacity to listen to " the barking chases away the deer". I can't believe that a supposed normal upstanding citizen would allow his dog to carry on like that and not worry he was annoying ALL the neighbors. I didn't go up there all heated trying to order the guy to shut his dog up. He started conniving and looking at me weird. I just hope there are no accidents the next time he creeps up on me and my chipper.
Who does that anyway? What kind of ####bag walks into the death zone expecting to have a conversation with the sweaty dude behind the chainsaw? Smeigal Dudes do... and their wives.
One time we had the road blocked off so she pulls past the cones and asks, " Can I go through?" I pulled out my earplugs and yelled, " WHAT!??" And it wasn't like there wasn't another easy away around, I mean we didn't put a halt to international commerce or start mining for uranium.
You know I had a dog, one SOB of one too, and when someone complained about his stupid ass I just apologized and worked to not let it happen again. Yeah, the dog is a dog, I'm sorry. No need to connive and get indignant like the dog is the most prized heirloom. I mean you just went up to the puppy mill in Lancaster and payed to much for it, your wife didn't birth the miserable cur. This dog is the token black lab, a real " must have".

Last edited:
Looks like a lack of grease,,View attachment 277253View attachment 277256

The zerks that are hard to find seem to take second place to production.
I am curious about the bearing in the clutch housing that is set by the manufacturer. Out of all our Morbark's,,it is the newest one we have and has a totally blown clutch and shaft bearing,,not operator caused.
Jeff

I saw that, dry as a bone.

I was using Lucas heavy duty in mine til my friend drained it up in his mowers. I told him to get some more so he brings back some Walmart crap. I used a little but I'm afraid, very afraid actually.

I hope I never see or hear that kissing commercial again! The sound of them kissing made me want to punch them in their ####suckers! I had to mute the tv.

Yeah, I am thinking we both need therapy cause when I hear that sound on TV it makes me want to kill too.

I am guessing you are talking about a commercial that aired when the Superbowl was on. Let me reittermerrate, " #### THE SUPERBOWL."

Really, just the way that weirdo Smeigal Dude was leaning in my window of the truck scraped me in the wrong way. I was thinking, " I'm not drunk, not tripping on acid, pretty sure I am awake; why does this guy look so annoyingly surreal?" His letching frail skeletal like fingers were almost imperceivably spidering their way into the cab of the truck, they kept getting closer to me as he slyly rested them in the open window frame. I think he knew this as a technique to unease people, to make them uncomfortable, to distract as he connived. Either that or I really do need therapy.

And to some people his conniving can make sense... if that person is scared enough.

I have a friend who works in office cubicles. She has a big fat black woman as her boss. This woman is described as having grotesquely long finger nails, a huge pair of gold Gucci glasses and a girth the size of Texas. This water buffalo uses her claws to summon her subordinates by extending her tyranosaurous paw around the wall of the cubicle and rapidly flicking her un-gregariously long fingernails upon the wall of said cubicle. My friend states this site, accompanied by the noise, is enough to make her scream and slit her own throat with her own letter opener.

Last edited:

Get a dog whistle. In the summer when the windows are open, and the dogs inside. He will drive them crazy then.

Latest posts

Back