Got the PP4620 Sealed up, cleaned all surfaces, still dying without choke on.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhfarms

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
As you can read above I have torn it apart and put it back together again cleaning all surfaces and using Stihl gasket maker on all mating surfaces. The saw still wants to not run at idle. You can pull the throttle and feather it to keep it running for about 5 secs thats it. Is this a carb issue?

I hope I can help a bit here, have the same saw but mine is more like the 295 now lol.
Okay as to your first post/thread did you do the vac test? if everything is sealed up I would just give the carb a good spray of carb cleaner first and worry about a carb kit later.
Now you will have the splined carb screw's except idle screw is slotted on your saw.you will need a small copper pipe or even a bic pen to adjust your H&L screws if you do not have a poulan tool for the job.The tool is easy to get on ebay or even some dealers sell it just a wizzy screw driver to match the splines you do not need it you can even use small vac hose.
Now turn the carb h&L in all the way till they stop do not force them after stop.
Now back out the L 1.5 turns and the H 1 full turn. This is your starting point at least for me at 4000' elevation. It should run if it lopes slow turn up your idle up a wee bit by turning it in a 1/4 turn. Your H&L might need too be turned out more just depending on temps elevation but it's a start.
If it runs take a look at some of the great info on this site as to tuning your carb

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back