Northeastern state Blizzard

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Certainly you folks in the Northeast will get more of this than I will here in PA, but the forecasters are notoriously wrong, so I decided to get one last load out of the woods this morning. First Winter Storm Nemo local conditions report from 9:00 this morning: Sleet and Freezing Rain. Not great working weather, but if we get even 12" here it will be a lot harder to get to these piles.
attachment.php

View attachment 278031

You're one of those "It's not the heat, it's the humidity" guys aren't you?

"Sure it's 127 degrees out, but it's a dry heat!"

Sadly, I said those exact words just this morning. Twice. My coworkers give me a wide berth... :)

This one ain't being over-hyped. NWS has been pretty darn good on snow totals recently by the time it starts.

542707_475116632551021_1481461791_n.png

On Wednesday morning, there WERE models spitting out 72" for Boston and 77" for Worcester (which none of meteorologists believed would verify), but some of the more reliable models have kept on spitting out pockets of 30-40"...and those are believable.

30" I've learned, from multiple storms, is where I cry uncle.

Yea, that might suck. I'm right on the canuckistan border, we're only going to get 3-5" today and 2-4" tonight. I was headed skiing I live 5 miles from Jay Peak) but wind has all upper lifts shut down. Guess I'll romp around on the 4wheeler to keep my trails packed down.

Good luck to all of you in MA and CT. Hunker down and start drinkin till it blows over.:cheers:

We talked to the outlaws up in Rockland ME this morning. They said they got 5-6 inches already, and the storm hasn't even started yet.

Certainly you folks in the Northeast will get more of this than I will here in PA, but the forecasters are notoriously wrong, so I decided to get one last load out of the woods this morning. First Winter Storm Nemo local conditions report from 9:00 this morning: Sleet and Freezing Rain. Not great working weather, but if we get even 12" here it will be a lot harder to get to these piles.
attachment.php

View attachment 278031

Nice set up, similar to mine. Got a Suzuki Eiger and an ACIENT Deere cart that probably can't even remember it's better days. Still load it with no mercy and it just keeps hauling wood.

There was some wood I was going to jump on yesterday myself ahead of the big storm, but didn't get out in time. It'll be there waiting for me though.

Yea, that might suck. I'm right on the canuckistan border, we're only going to get 3-5" today and 2-4" tonight. I was headed skiing I live 5 miles from Jay Peak) but wind has all upper lifts shut down. Guess I'll romp around on the 4wheeler to keep my trails packed down.

Good luck to all of you in MA and CT. Hunker down and start drinkin till it blows over.:cheers:

I've had my share of uncomfortable days on the Freezer. Long live the Jet.

Plow on the truck gassed up,
Generator gassed up,
snow blower ready,
15 gallons of extra fuel,

and still don't feel ready...I think we're going to get spanked hard.:msp_razz:

I'm in NY near the NW corner of CT and the SW corner of MA. They are calling for 1-2 feet for us. More toward the coast. I have plenty of food, wood, gas, and most important....enough beer to open a saloon! Let it snow! Good luck to all. Stay warm and safe.

Nothing here yet west of Albany, other than a few flurries. Good thing they closed all the schools, the roads are just wet :dizzy:

Nothing here yet west of Albany, other than a few flurries. Good thing they closed all the schools, the roads are just wet :dizzy:

I am about an hour SE of Albany. Just started about 15 minutes ago. Coming down pretty hard, and wind is picking up. All the schools closed here too. I figured if that was the case, I might as well stay home too! Why should the kids get all the perks! Now back to my beer, and AS thread surfin'.:givebeer:

I am about an hour SE of Albany. Just started about 15 minutes ago. Coming down pretty hard, and wind is picking up. All the schools closed here too. I figured if that was the case, I might as well stay home too! Why should the kids get all the perks! Now back to my beer, and AS thread surfin'.:givebeer:

Sounds like a plan :hmm3grin2orange:

I'm in the Providence Metro area and we're supposed to get up to two feet of snow. It's been snowing since about 9am at my house. Intenstiy has increased a bit but the road's are just starting to get snow covered. Right now it's a heavy wet snow that will surely wreak havoc on tree's and power line's as the wind's pick up. Blizzard conditions are forecast for the overnight with winds hitting hurricane force along the coast and 40-50mph inland.

I've got the snowblower and generator gassed along with two days of wood in the house. Only downside for me is I need to report for work at 0800hrs tomorrow morning. Looks like I'll have to get up early and clear the driveway.

While it looks like this storm will be in the top 5 snowstorms in the northeast I hope everyone stay's safe. The blizzard of 1978 is the "benchmark" of snowstorms around my parts and over 100 people lost their lives in that storm. Many froze to death in their vehicles when they were stranded on the highway.

I'm in the Providence Metro area and we're supposed to get up to two feet of snow. It's been snowing since about 9am at my house. Intenstiy has increased a bit but the road's are just starting to get snow covered. Right now it's a heavy wet snow that will surely wreak havoc on tree's and power line's as the wind's pick up. Blizzard conditions are forecast for the overnight with winds hitting hurricane force along the coast and 40-50mph inland.

I've got the snowblower and generator gassed along with two days of wood in the house. Only downside for me is I need to report for work at 0800hrs tomorrow morning. Looks like I'll have to get up early and clear the driveway.

While it looks like this storm will be in the top 5 snowstorms in the northeast I hope everyone stay's safe. The blizzard of 1978 is the "benchmark" of snowstorms around my parts and over 100 people lost their lives in that storm. Many froze to death in their vehicles when they were stranded on the highway.

The weather guys have repeated themselves over and over about getting stranded in vehicles, sadly we will probably read of several that failed to heed the warnings.

Im a little N. west of Albany NY on the VT border and nothing here except the wind has picked up so I'm guessing it's just a matter of time before the white gold hits. :blob2:

They closed work at noon. It's been snowing for 9 hours now, And there is only an inch of snow with the stupid plow going by clearing it of the rd. So far the only thing that has happened is that it is colder than they said it was gonna be. I don't know whats happening with the snow? freeze drying? It's 9 deg and seems like it has been coming down good since around 10, So where is it going.

They closed work at noon. It's been snowing for 9 hours now, And there is only an inch of snow with the stupid plow going by clearing it of the rd. So far the only thing that has happened is that it is colder than they said it was gonna be. I don't know whats happening with the snow? freeze drying? It's 9 deg and seems like it has been coming down good since around 10, So where is it going.

Same here. Check out what they're doing in Boston. Better safe than sorry I guess.

Latest posts

Back