Stihl ___ = Husky 365

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surely the answer is to stealth 372 cyl onto a 365 and use a ported cylinder while youre at it and run square chain..... Probably get Stihl RS square ground.... :laugh: buy the appropriate files and a couple of spare loops too.

Surely the answer is to stealth 372 cyl onto a 365 and use a ported cylinder while youre at it and run square chain..... Probably get Stihl RS square ground.... :laugh: buy the appropriate files and a couple of spare loops too.

Could well be, but then we don't know the rules....

As it is at the moment, this discussion is not very constructive.

Hi All
No real rules...yet i'm sure that would change if a piped alcohol saw showed up.
It would have to be a saw i have already or could work towards,money is tight i closed my shop for the winter to finish my house.Lots going out not much coming in.
I have a 036,038,044,046 to chose from.The last two would be to big if they won to fast somebody would squack about cc's.
Not to many people around here know anything about ported saws,i don't know much either other than i want one.So i figgered this would be the excuse i needed to get one.
I will want to use it for firewood,especially if porting do'es what everyone raves about.Not many ported saws here and i'v never run one.
I'v got a few other older saws,one of those kicking butt would be cool but i can't think of any real contenders in that class.
Anyhow thanks for the idea
Thomas

Hi All
No real rules...yet i'm sure that would change if a piped alcohol saw showed up.
It would have to be a saw i have already or could work towards,money is tight i closed my shop for the winter to finish my house.Lots going out not much coming in.
I have a 036,038,044,046 to chose from.The last two would be to big if they won to fast somebody would squack about cc's.
Not to many people around here know anything about ported saws,i don't know much either other than i want one.So i figgered this would be the excuse i needed to get one.
I will want to use it for firewood,especially if porting do'es what everyone raves about.Not many ported saws here and i'v never run one.
I'v got a few other older saws,one of those kicking butt would be cool but i can't think of any real contenders in that class.
Anyhow thanks for the idea
Thomas

What version of the 038? They had a larger displacement on a couple models of around 65cc

Your 036 Is a good saw. If it is a 365 special you are racing. Port it or put a good square filed chain on it.

The only thing different about a special was tensioner location and a Walbro carb. Displacement didn't change until the x torque.

Going from memory here so i could be way off, site member and AS sponsor Hamish, if im remembering correctly, indicated at one time in the past that getting the XT versions of the 365 and 372 were difficult in his area of Canada. Now, this has been a few months and possibly this has changed, but im guessing the 365 in question is a 65cc model.

Back