Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok boys and girls, I had a new hat made up. Tell me what you guys think, should I get some more done?

attachment.php

4200 cyls were bridged exhaust ports. At least the several I have seen are.

Thanks for the reply Mark

Ok boys and girls, I had a new hat made up. Tell me what you guys think, should I get some more done?

attachment.php

That hat looks fantastic! I would love to have one. Maybe I could pick one up at the next Poulan GTG?

No not really rare, but not everyday common either. What is intersting is that has a Micro 25CVA style handle and a 2300 decal on the drive cover. Whats it say on the recoil?

it says 2300 countervibe

Never mind, I had a brain fart. That 2300 you have is a early model and thus the different handle setup that you useally see.

The later ones went with a different style upper handle,, mount and hand guard.

i think you should add a 5200 on the saw or the Poulan logo on the bar.

In a perfect world yes, but I thought this was as good as I could get. This is embroidered, not silk screened or what ever they call the cheap ones. It would be dang hard to letter the bar. :msp_biggrin:

I actually tried to get them to do the old style Poulan leaf decal that I had with the Beard Poulan lettering and such and was told that it was too small of details to embroider.

In a perfect world yes, but I thought this was as good as I could get. This is embroidered, not silk screened or what ever they call the cheap ones. It would be dang hard to letter the bar. :msp_biggrin:

I actually tried to get them to do the old style Poulan leaf decal that I had with the Beard Poulan lettering and such and was told that it was too small of details to embroider.

The design is great. Best chainsaw hat I've seen. It would give me an opportunity to back burner my only chainsaw cap which ain't Poulan.

Thanks for the reply Mark

That hat looks fantastic! I would love to have one. Maybe I could pick one up at the next Poulan GTG?

I would hold one ransom for you just to make sure you made it!

Just need a price and info on where to send the funds.

Just gauging interest right this moment. Might could happen though.

I am absolutely planning to make the next one and looking forward to it. I would really like to meet all of the people on this thread that can make it there.

Well as long as our good friend Gregg is up to having us again, I will do my darndest to make it, barring taking a dirt nap or something between now and then.

Last edited:
Mark,
What did they use for the saw? Scanned Pic?

I really dont know where it came from. I just gave them that old style decal and a copy of this style Poulan lettering that I like and they took it from there.

Here is the logo that I wanted but I understand the difficultly of doing it.

attachment.php

No dirt naps

I sure hope not!

attachment.php

I like it Mark!! Its funny that you come up with the cap idea. I was doing the same thing several weeks ago, just havn't placed an order yet, to see if I would like it. Kinda put it on the back burner. I was running into the same problem. Things I wanted to do had to many small elements that wouldn't take to embroidery.:(

I was also a little leery of using stuff that might be frowned upon, like trademark names or symbols. I guess if its not used in a commercial way, its probably ok for personal use.
I agree too that embroidered hats look better than a printed or silkscreen type.

:cheers:
Gregg,

attachment.php

Dirt nap! I haven't heard that before, almost coughed up my whisky.

That hat is a pearler Mark, are you going to have some made? I know I am not a GTG participant but I'd love to stick it up some of my fishing buddies and their Stihl saws by wearing one here. And are you having some smaller ones made - you know the ones designed for fellows with such beautiful heads that they don't need hair?:msp_biggrin:

Back