If you could make one improvement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An autopilot, lawn chair and cup holder, so I can sit back and watch the saw do the work, (will maybe joystick controls, so I have a little something to do).:msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

- An Open source OBDII for modern chainsaws that can be interfaced with a standard USB connector... make an industry wide open standard for engine management... then put full injection and FADEC on all chainsaws and let us play.

- Make them less addicting

- More carbon fiber accessories.

shoot I'm up to 3

A reverse function!! For when you are standing on wrong side of the log :msp_razz:

seriously though, a standardized bar mounts . As someone else said already, Small Medium and Large.

4-MIX, M-Tronic, 40cc, 10lbs, small bar mount. And then an 80cc big brother at 15 lbs medium mount. As another thread suggests: "The torque is where it's at!" Leave it to the porters to grind out the torque in order to uncover more horsepower...

(1) A sensibly priced,, carbide tipped chain saw blade. (In the eighties, a 10 inch circular saw blade cost well over 100 bucks. With increased competition among manufacturers, a quality 10 inch ,mid grade blade could be had for 20 bucks in the early nineties)

(2) An effective , low restriction muffler. When I drop a tree, i'd like to be able to hear when the tree is starting to break loose.

(3)A small, chainsaw powered, band saw mill. (Perhaps a kevlar belt with teeth mounted on it to allow a 6inch diameter pulley.)

+1, quiet is good

I'd like to put an electric starter on a saw. Not as a very useful (reliable) feature, but starting a big chainsaw with a button would be pretty awesome.

I help an 80 year old gentleman who for the last couple years is worn out before his saw starts (its junk). He isnt able to cut production wood anymore but fences and thinning still has to be done around the farm.

An onboard display of fuel level, engine temp, RPMs, with a three speed transmition. A quiet saw is a great idea too. The muffler location on Dad's old 610 McCulloch was also nice.

Last edited:
Big oil and fuel fill openings

that use caps instead of plugs or flippy things. The size and thread of a gallon oil jug would be fine. Standardized so you don't have to pay 100's of times what they cost to make when you have to replace them.

Last edited:
Fuel injection and a helix/ centrifugal clutch, hi/low range and reverse on a 14lb. power head. And titanium chains standard

Back