Handle bar hose

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bagman69

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I might get some new handle bar hose for my 020 and my 028? Mine is pretty chewed up.

Thanks

there is a Stihl part number for it. Not sure how many dealers would keep it on hand though. I know Andy does....

When you go to install the handlebar hose, be prepared for the fight of your life. LOL!!!!

From Stihl, this would be the part number,

2010%2520Trip%2520to%2520Alaska%25201371.jpg

you make a plug to adapt an air fitting on one end. Like a rubber bung or something and hose clamp it into one end. Then you pump it full of as much air as you can while working it on to the handle bar. As far as I know this is the only way to do it while staying sane.

And as I know from experience (since it's Valentines day and all) lube is important when putting something into a tight opening

Andy is an old dude that gave up because his post count was so low it embarrassed him :) just search lakeside and start reading.

I was on here when Lakeside was still posting and he did a nice thread on how to install the Stihl handlebar hose. I have done 11 of my saws with this hose and I used some of his suggestions to get it on, not the easiest stuff to get on but makes a great job when it does.
I just couple my air compressor to this hose and it inflates the hose just enough for the hose to slip up over the handlebar.

hose

Thanks so much for all the great feedback.:bowdown: I figured it would not be easy to do. Now to find the hose. I will check with Northwoods

Back