So, to heat your home, would you rather cut firewood or do this...?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll bet that shovel doesn't need sharpening as often as my chain does :msp_biggrin:

I used to buy a lot of it for my greenhouse operation, probably thousands of cubic feet of compressed peat moss over the years. It came from Canada, I understand they have more of it up there than they know what to do with.

Mr. HE:cool:

I used to buy a lot of it for my greenhouse operation, probably thousands of cubic feet of compressed peat moss over the years. It came from Canada, I understand they have more of it up there than they know what to do with.

Mr. HE:cool:

You will have to get by the hippies first, keep the turf spade sharp ha ha

Lots of pressure in recent years from the environmentalists to get peat burning stopped but the old diehards that have been doing it for generations will be hard to stop... still

Best use of peat I saw recently was at the Scotch Malt Whiskey Society in Edinburgh Scotland. They show how they burn the peat (among many other things) to give Scotch it’s flavor!

I think since we are quoting I will go with office space. Ooooooh. Yeah. Ummm..... I'm gonna have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there.

Funny the stuff we burn to stay warm or cook are food,like living in a sod house and burning buffalo chips?
As far as solid fuel goes give me Wood or Coal though.

I'm sure there is a F:hmm3grin2orange:iskars for that sort of thing. Probably a thread to go along with it stating how much better it is to use a Fiskars rather than a peat spade!

Latest posts

Back