Is nothing sacred?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Izuzu is not made in America as far as we know it may be made in china the shipped to usa

Gm bought out Isuzu's half of that deal. All gm motors are made world wide in like 25 different countries. Hopefully they bring more here but atleast they make the duramax and sbc here. Shame ford closed a monster plant here to make a newplant in mexico for the new powerstroker a few years ago.

Get the A/V version.

275463d1359119811-547386558_840-jpg

They've always been made in the US actually.

Wow, did they steal the plastic molds.....That's close, somebody's got to open one up.

Wow, a Wild Ching. Can't get no better than that.It would be interesting for someone to thrash one and take it apart.
Snarfed my coffee - thanks.

LOL - "snarfed" is in the dictionary in Firefox!

I gotta say I don't get this. My Earthquake is a copy of a RedMax G3800 - a light saw with an 2-piece alloy case, nice A/V and an adjustable oiler. It's a higher end saw to begin with. But why copy a Wild Thing or even a PP260? What are they going to do, undercut the price? By how much? What advantage can they have? By now the real ones from Poulan have moved on and have strato engines and such. What would a Chinese copy of an obsolete version of an inexpensive plastic Poulan be worth?

Good thing there's plenty of quality saws from decades past still running perfectly. The other day I broke the chain brake on a Husky display model at Lowes... Just by using it. Oops, guess it wasn't built for that. The plastic anti vibration handle also flexed where it shouldn't have and threatened to snap.

They didn't have the clutch cover on snug.

I gotta say I don't get this. My Earthquake is a copy of a RedMax G3800 - a light saw with an 2-piece alloy case, nice A/V and an adjustable oiler. It's a higher end saw to begin with. But why copy a Wild Thing or even a PP260? What are they going to do, undercut the price? By how much? What advantage can they have? By now the real ones from Poulan have moved on and have strato engines and such. What would a Chinese copy of an obsolete version of an inexpensive plastic Poulan be worth?

As much as the people who bought the originals by the millions deem it. I know I love my PP4216AV for limbing and small stuff but I got mine free

Last edited:
As much as the people who bought the originals by the millions deem it. I know I love my PP4216AV for limbing and small stuff but I got mine free
I like my little Poulans too, but as I've said before they'll be hard to beat. There's just not a lot of margin to undercut, and without strato they'd have to add a cat and choke performance, and they don't have the Poulan branding.

They make fake knockoff gun parts as well. They have ripped off two of mine so far. The real ones are sold by my distributors...the fake ones are sold on Amazon, purchased by low end gun dealers and resold as the real thing.

Tony Rumore

Your just gonna hafta' head over there and get all Rambo on em'............

Good thing there's plenty of quality saws from decades past still running perfectly. The other day I broke the chain brake on a Husky display model at Lowes... Just by using it. Oops, guess it wasn't built for that. The plastic anti vibration handle also flexed where it shouldn't have and threatened to snap.

I did that on my neighbor's brand new Wild Thing. Pulled it out of the box, tried to get it running. It would start and die, start and die. Set it down, picked up and chainbrake was busted. Just a thin, cheap piece of plastic.

Harry K

My point exactly LOL Good Times :cheers:

Back