whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful day, but cold. Other than responding to a PM from a crack pot, :)dizzy:) it was a good day.
We got hail at 6:30 this morning, but by 9am it moved out and sunny but cold day. Plus, I just got a 3 acre lot to dump at for free!
Jeff :msp_smile:

Beautiful day, but cold. Other than responding to a PM from a crack pot, :)dizzy:) it was a good day.
We got hail at 6:30 this morning, but by 9am it moved out and sunny but cold day. Plus, I just got a 3 acre lot to dump at for free!
Jeff :msp_smile:

I think I need to call your boss let him know you need more assignments and several hands on assignments as you have too many beautiful days.

I called you, but you sounded busy. JLG 800s lifts dont go straight up. When it is fully up and extended you are still clear of the base of the machine. I did have the lift the whole way up fully extended.

Yes yes, I "sounded" busy, possibly even "looked" busy but never to busy for you cupcake.:msp_tongue:

We went to clean up some storm damage in a park today, 2 blown down dead pines and 1 oak that was mostley dead that the top had broken out and now was a 25 ft stub. I fell the stub and as soon as it hit the ground a squirrel came running like Hell out of a hole about 4 ft from the top. Never seen a squirrel run that fast.:hmm3grin2orange:

B.O.A.R.S barrett optical ranging system will dial in around 75 MOA 1400-1500 with a 50bmg most high end scopes only have 100.

I think I have something like that if we are talking about the same thing. What I have is very simple, I used it and it seems to work allright though I am only shooting a 22mag and the 30 cal carbine.

003-31.jpg

How's that ruhcoon anyway?

I think I have something like that if we are talking about the same thing. What I have is very simple, I used it and it seems to work allright though I am only shooting a 22mag and the 30 cal carbine.

003-31.jpg

The scopes he is talking about are high dollar scopes, well over the $1000 price mark.

The scopes he is talking about are high dollar scopes, well over the $1000 price mark.

That scope you can get on sale for 1800 at midway USA every once in a while. That's the NXS zero stop.

A B.O.A.R.S system you remove the top turret on the scope and it actually measures the adjustment you make in MOA after you shoot it through a chronograph and so on to get it setup. Pretty accurate for something that gives you instant feedback from just turning the turret.

if you still do any long range stuff we made a 1500 yard mound at the club i belong to. they have no pictures on there website wish they had one of where you shoot from its pretty neat because your actually inclosed just the front is open. makes it nice in the winter not to have the wind blowing on you.

ty7y3ena.jpg

uhupumu2.jpg

Last edited:

003-31.jpg

Raccoon is doing good, Hornady is good stuff like the ammo in your picture. If i was gonna use shelf ammo and needed it to be good thats what i would pick.

One more for you here's a 7.82 warbird built out if a mouser 98 large ring action and a schillin match grade. They are only good the for 800-1000 rounds they are a 4000+Fps gun and i shoot it pretty hot.

Look at all the rock salt built up on my boots. lol friggin rediculus

e7ava7yp.jpg

y9enadav.jpg

Last edited:
After a late start today we took out a willow and small maple tree for a buddy of mine. Took over an hour to move his carport out of the way so that it wouldn't get hit and would be out of the way for when he brings in fill. Managed to drop the tree just right, sucker never would have touched the carport... but had it been there I'm sure it would have got whacked. He went to move it back into place after the trees were cleared out... the thing broke right down the middle. We also managed to get 20 alturamats laid out for tomorrow morning, and grab a load of apple logs off this job. Hopefully it will be a good day tomorrow.

After a late start today we took out a willow and small maple tree for a buddy of mine. Took over an hour to move his carport out of the way so that it wouldn't get hit and would be out of the way for when he brings in fill. Managed to drop the tree just right, sucker never would have touched the carport... but had it been there I'm sure it would have got whacked. He went to move it back into place after the trees were cleared out... the thing broke right down the middle. We also managed to get 20 alturamats laid out for tomorrow morning, and grab a load of apple logs off this job. Hopefully it will be a good day tomorrow.

20 AlturnaMats, my God thats like $5000.00. I have 4 and was hopeing to get 4 more this year, but i dont think i will ever make it to 20

20 AlturnaMats, my God thats like $5000.00. I have 4 and was hopeing to get 4 more this year, but i dont think i will ever make it to 20

Keep an eye on eBay I bought a stack of them 5-6 years ago out of NY. I can't remember what I paid but it was about 1/2 price.

Theres a company thats a town over, good guy larger operation, gotta larger chip truck just filled with those mats to the jobs

I managed to be quite successful at my goal today; I did precisely what I set out to do.

Not a darn thing. :rock:

Theres a company thats a town over, good guy larger operation, gotta larger chip truck just filled with those mats to the jobs

Most people around here just tear the hell out of the yard and leave it for the customer to fix. I have had sereral lawns i was paid to fix ( and remove dedris they left )where other companys destroyed. I mean they dont even try not to tear it up. I dont know how they get away with it, my customers would tear me a new ass for even trying to leave their yard like that.

They get away with it because many customers simply don't know better; they think that's just the way it has to be.

They get away with it because many customers simply don't know better; they think that's just the way it has to be.

Here they get away with it because the customer won't pay enough to be ultra careful. I usually just use the cheapest plywood I can find. I looked at the stall mats at tractor supply but I have one or two jobs a year that requires extra precautions, the rest get bombed. Of course here we grow rocks best :hmm3grin2orange:

Back