Can this harness be used for SRT climbing? (links, pictures inside)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Momp

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello people, first post here on this forum, so be gentle with me :biggrin:

Im working as a lineman here in Norway, and first day at work we got a full body harness, pole climbing irons, lanyard etc..

The thing is, ive recently become very interested in the SRT climbing method, and im just wondering if i can use the harness i got from my workplace for climbing?. The link below shows the harness with all the technical information.

Sperian, RM Harness Nordic

It says that the harness has "ventral anchorage loops (access and suspension)" Could i be possible that i could attach a carabiner and Petzl Croll / Grigri etc there?

By the way check out our pole climbing shoes. :biggrin:

View attachment 281215

"The front anchorage loops provide an ergonomic anchorage point for use with a rope grab or shuttle."

Says so in the Datasheet for the harness. Im pretty sure the harness is usable :biggrin:

Where/How would you put the bridge?

Don't point your toes with those hooks: I've heard linemen say they fall right out of the pole.

Where/How would you put the bridge?

Don't point your toes with those hooks: I've heard linemen say they fall right out of the pole.

Is the bridge mainly for making it easier getting into a good position while working?

As for the shoes, so ive been told. Always keep the body position away from the pole, they could slip of you get too close too it.. Better be careful :smile2:

Ive never tried spurs before, but would definately have a go if i had the opportunity. Ive never seen them used over here, not sure if the companies allow them at all :msp_confused:

Instead of using a bridge on the harness, could it be possible to use the Petzl OMNI Multi-directional semi-circle carabiner?

OMNI | Petzl

Instead of using a bridge on the harness, could it be possible to use the Petzl OMNI Multi-directional semi-circle carabiner?

OMNI | Petzl

Those hooks sure will be easier on the poles than spurs not so many splinters if slip

I suppose you could use the D-rings to hook a bridge to as well as a lanyard, but might be hard on the hips.

The bridge connects the legs and the hips, centers you on the line when in suspension. Places you in a natural sitting position where the force of your body is evenly distributed, keeps you from self-tourniqueting.

Latest posts

Back