whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I buy all my stihl stuff from one dealer and just grab a six pack of the 2.5gal mix and had no probs yet.

i picked up my 200 gal skid sprayer, and looked at one tree job, stopped for lunch and got two more tree jobs to look at this week. Spring is around the corner. :rock:

Thats fine with me! Ill take her everywhere! Wheres Alymer?

I stood in the window at the hospital and disassembled the same oak tree about 100 times in my head lol That was my excitement.

Thats funny, I did the same thing with a locust tree for all three of my kids. I still look at that tree every time I drive by.

People likely look at us like were crazy. That guy has been staring at that tree for 15 min now lol The wife even said jokingly, "what do ya see Jer?" knowing what I was doing. I responded with "a tree" and carried on with my jedi mind removal.

We finished up a job that was started in October this morning, really nothing crazy. Take down 1 little maple, 1 hickory, and 1 oak, chipped some crap in the woods... done by 11:00. Wound up helping a buddy out for the rest of the day.

Got calls from some vendors today though which has got me a little worried. A buddy of mine has a small local sawmill. So last year I took 3 oak logs up there for my crane guys to get cut up for cribbing, all went well so we are doing it again, only this time I am bringing the wood to the mill, having it cut, and then selling it to the crane people... figured no big deal, bring them a BS load, get a few bucks off my next bill. WRONG! they call today to ask for 100 6x6's 12' long. I may have to bust my butt on this one to get it done.

Went to the isa penn - del trade show this morning. Same old same old, but still like looking at the skinny machines. Came home to work on some equipment, but didnt get much done.

I topped my little pear tree about a week ago. It was in full leaf and growing aggresively in the garage so I thought it would be a good time to lay into it.

001_zps2ef4c383.jpg

Its allready re-budding and some latent buds are shooting.

002_zps287a3732.jpg

Then today I sunk a drill bit into the trunk, something I probably should have done awhile ago.

003_zpsa034dae1.jpg

The tree in the water bottle is a sycamore which I am pretty exicted about, found two on the job but one died. Then there are two live oaks in the bigger pots which I just got last summer from mail order. I hope the rhody makes it. Everything else I keep bedded outside.

This little sapling is doing well, she managed to burn her leg pretty good on the un-even bars today. I saw the whole thing- she was going round and round, almost lost it totally but held on with one hand til she was able to land on her feet then jumped back on til they told her to take a break. She was so happy to show me the bruise and say " so what, its fun!" This pic is from a meet a few months back.

152_zpscff9e8bd.jpg

Last edited:
The this morning it was back down to the dealership to find out why the 4runner is still leaking. They kept trying to get me out of the bay by offering to let me wait in the room (other) people wait in and by telling me I couldn't be in the shop because of insurance reason but I only smiled wincingly and flashed my RopeandSaddle crazy eye and instructed the mechanic to remove the crank pulley in slow whispering voice so we could get a look at the seal behind it. It turns out he never cleaned the old dried up oil off the snout of the crank pulley when he did the head gaskets and he might have screwed it up using that chain wrench on it today cause he sure tried to snatch it out of my hand quickly but I told him it was mine and I could shove it up my ass if I wanted to and I wouldn't be stopped

I am not condemning the man, I just need to get clear on the problem and Lord knows the things I have done trying to get these damn things to run right.

After that I took the splitter with its new valve assembly over to Frog Hollow and split wood until it started to rain then went to buy some more bullets ( 50 rounds .22 mag) and then to my kid's gym class where I watched her flay the skin off the back of her leg. I took a pic off it, it would surprise me if it weren't a full blown bruise in the morning.

I never really split wood at a client's house before. I am charging 350 for what I took for 10 hours of splitting which is the 35 per hour I told them. I got about 4 hours into it, half way done with the big stuff allready split. There are about 4 cords there. These are good cash paying clients so I don't feel to bad but if I do it again I am thinking 100 per cord if its allready cut.

Back