husky 357 xp mod quote

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husky154

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
canada -new brunswick - bathurst area- mainly fren
hi guys its been forever since i visited arboristesite i now own a 357 and im quite pleased with it i allready have the muffler mod but i like extreme and somewhat reliable that's why i would like to mod it maybe not to its max potential but the closest i can go and still be able to use it couple hours straight im here looking for someone that can achieve this feat let me know how it cost and what i have to ship i was thinking about putting a new cylinder i guess that would be a good idea i live in new brunswick we dont have a lot of big wood but i like to work fast since im 21 haha i dont have the money right now but im gathering information for next summer

my english is poor dont think about it anyway if you have anything to say your welcome

Excusez mon français que je n'ai pas dû écrire dans lui pendant des années d'un couple. Umm Most des constructeurs sur ici chargent environ $250 dollars US. Je dirais recherche des fils de construction quant aux noms je te en donnerai que je peux penser à ci-dessous

bsnelling, mastermind, treemonkey,stumpy, tlandrum, dennis cahoon, other guys if you'd be so nice fill in the names i'm forgetting please.

the cool thing about en francais on arboristsite is that I bet it doesn't stop the filthy words.

tabarnak J'aime barbu!

Port jobs from the well known guys all seem to be 250 bucks. You will not get 16k out of a 357XP. Well, maybe you could but I wouldn't want to. Plus, you probably have a limited coil.

Before you get to porting check which carb you have and make sure you have a metal intake clamp.

the cool thing about en francais on arboristsite is that I bet it doesn't stop the filthy words.

tabarnak J'aime barbu!

I didn't learn a whole lot of french curses when i worked in New Brunswick many moons ago.I did learn from the french girl I lived with there at the time the meaning of Gros Chatte.:laugh:
(She was from Moncton though not Ba-Turst :msp_wink: )

Nice saw BTW,in any language.The red and black ones have more power and make a better platform for modifications.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Hahaha,thanks,I was trying to remember what the other was and all I could come up with was "plut" but I knew it wasn't that."Plote" it is.:hmm3grin2orange:

if i post my saw number can you tell me if i need that metal clamp

Just take the top cover off and look at the intake where it attaches to the cylinder. If you don't see a metal band clamp you need to replace the plastic clamp. It might not leak now, but it will fail at some point and could burn up the saw. Some dealers might give you the updated clamp as there was a service bulletin about it, but I doubt it.

Some of the Walbro carbs were bad on these saws. If you get a bad one you have two options - buy the Zama replacement or get the Walbro refurbed by a member here named TreeMonkey.

haha too funny man i like to get help from canadian bunch of crazy ass haha my saw is working real good but she might punish me next season this winter i did two ice fishing hole in salt water ice was 18 inch and was too lazy to wash it now i have a rusty saw haha oh well i might try to paint it with hi temp. but i will have to take a look at that metal clamp see if its there

Latest posts

Back