660 Fuel Cap Seal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy in NC

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Was just told by the local dealer that I have to buy the whole fuel cap and I can not just purchase Stihl Part Number 0000 359 1230. Is this the case, they have a part number but they won't sell it to you?

Was just told by the local dealer that I have to buy the whole fuel cap and I can not just purchase Stihl Part Number 0000 359 1230. Is this the case, they have a part number but they won't sell it to you?

I have bought just the rubber seal before.

I have bought just the rubber seal before.

I was thinking it was an option... why else would they label a part number for it? :mad2:

They also charged me 3.50 shipping for a carb kit as they didn't have it in stock... and they charged me 13.99 for it. Looking at prices on line they are double dipping on the shipping. It's ok.. I'll find another Squeal dealer...

I do know they made a change in the fuel cap for the 650,660. I believe it's a touch bigger around at the seal area. I installed it on my 650 last year.

I just replaced the rubber on a 660 fuel cap last week; it took three days to get them

I just replaced the rubber on a 660 fuel cap last week; it took three days to get them

I can wait three days.. I'm waiting for a carb kit. They also told me $42.00 for an intake...I politely told them I'd pass. What really chaps my a** is the company I work for has a cash account with them. I'm in there weekly buying lots of concrete saw filters and such from them. They just feel like they can get by with what ever I guess..

Latest posts

Back