Stihl FG2 Bench Mount Filing Guide

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Different strokes for different folks . . . (or sometimes, for different situations)

Philbert

This is what I was trying to get across all along. It boils down to what you like such as Ford, Chevrolet, Castrol, Rotella, Stihl, Husqvarna, etc. :msp_biggrin:

Lookie what I got...

Not cheap, but it was worth it I think.

attachment.php

Nice workbench eh? lol

Make sure the small guide roller stays well lubed. For me the guide roller is is an important part of the process. You can muscle the slide enough to flex it and the result is inconsistent cutter length. If you stop filing just as the guide bar contacts the roller the cutter length will be super accurate. With a little care you can make mega sharp chains.

Make sure the small guide roller stays well lubed. For me the guide roller is is an important part of the process. You can muscle the slide enough to flex it and the result is inconsistent cutter length. If you stop filing just as the guide bar contacts the roller the cutter length will be super accurate. With a little care you can make mega sharp chains.

how about you make some parts to convert one to square.:msp_thumbup:

Well, looks like I'll finally be putting mine on order this coming weekend. I m curious to see how it's results compare to my Granberg. Hopefully it'll be worth the cost. Either way it'll be more convenient when sharpening other people's chains to not require the saw to sharpen it on...

Well, looks like I'll finally be putting mine on order this coming weekend. I m curious to see how it's results compare to my Granberg. Hopefully it'll be worth the cost. Either way it'll be more convenient when sharpening other people's chains to not require the saw to sharpen it on...

unless you know a dealer with one on the shelf, these fg2s are discontinued from stihl.

Latest posts

Back