wicked work saw down for a few days due to kidney stone.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would have thought by now this would be over with but well it is not. i am due at ut medical center in the morning at 9:15. the doctor thinks the stone may have went back into the kidney and is sitting dormant right now. i was told to not eat or drink after 10pm tonight becouse if he doesnt like what he sees in the scan tommorrow morning i will be rushed into emergency surgery to remove the stone. evidently some of my testes came back showing signs of some kidney damage. its amazing what i found out when i saw the ct scan results. i found out that since my last ct scan for a kidney stone in 2010, i have developed a hernia and i never even knew that i had prostate calcification (stones). i always said that when i die i was going to come sliding into my grave like its homeplate all used up and spent. i must say that with all the body damage i have incurred in the last several years is starting to show up. heck i just found out with a mri that was done last year i had broken my back a few years ago when i was crushed by a hickory tree. i really dont like doctors becouse they tell me whats all wrong with me. hopefully the doc says all is well in the morning and send sme home to finish healing. i just dont like the thought of surgery for any reason.

Hang in there Landrum

i know what you are going through terry,, about 9 years ago i passed several stones,, 1 of them was so bad it put me to my knees and about puked,, a friend of mine had to have them busted up so he could pass them,, hope you get back on your feet soon

stones are one of mans best nightmares. You will get back t normal. :rock: We'll be needing your help sooner than you think.

regaRDS

JOHN

I had a hernia about ten years ago. Didn't hurt much really. The imaging to determine the extent o damage showed a partially torn groin, a torn internal oblique, two other small hernia's. and a big subinguinal hernia (with guts poking out). Felt like I'd gone to Midas for a brake job and got "the big estimate".

Kidney stones suck. I wish you the urinary tract of a horse (that you might pass what plugs you). Alternately, hope the ER visit goes well, and wish you a speedy recovery.

They are so backed up at the ct scan that i have go back after 12:30 to get it and then the doc said the surgery suite is so full it will be tommorrow before my procedure if its needed. I was hoping this would be over by now

Goddam, I log on to read about saws and come across this horror story! I had stones about 5 years ago, and can totally sympathize with everything said here. I had lithotripsy on both stones, one was 4mm and the other 7mm. The 4mm came out intact, like a little BB, while the 7mm monster came out over a period of weeks in jagged pieces ranging from sand to 1mm gravel. Fun fun. That whole experience basically deleted about 6-8 weeks from my life at the time.

Now I drink water as much as I can and it seems to have solved the problem to this point. Whenever I feel pain in that general area, from who knows what (imagination?), it scares the heck out of me, but so far so good.

The only comical thing I remember is every nurse in the hospital stopping by my bed in the ER to tell me the pain was worse than childbirth, and they were sure gleeful about it. I think they liked telling that to a man, like it was payback. The male doctors were a lot more sympathetic with me.

So what were the indicators for possible kidney damage? Is it something that you can recover from over time? Good luck with the CT and possible surgery.

no good news thats for certain. this doctor says that the er folks cant read the ct scan. my stone is 9mm and will not pass and has only moved slightly forward and stopped again. i didnt think i ever felt as if i had passed it. i am scheduled for surgery at 6am in the morning. i guess that will get me over it once and for all. ive already lost going on 3 weeks becouse of this. i dont know how many days it takes to heal after the surgery but atleast i know it will be over and done soon.

no good news thats for certain. this doctor says that the er folks cant read the ct scan. my stone is 9mm and will not pass and has only moved slightly forward and stopped again. i didnt think i ever felt as if i had passed it. i am scheduled for surgery at 6am in the morning. i guess that will get me over it once and for all. ive already lost going on 3 weeks becouse of this. i dont know how many days it takes to heal after the surgery but atleast i know it will be over and done soon.

At least it will be gone tomorrow. Hope surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

Think they would cut you open with a "WICKED WORK SAW" :hmm3grin2orange: Bar oil is not that toxic.

It's a shame the medical types couldn't get to the bottom of this sooner. 9mm is huge.

This also astoinshes me. Not huge but substantial so that it is highly probable that it will never pass through naturally. That would have influenced the procedure some time ago.

This also astoinshes me. Not huge but substantial so that it is highly probable that it will never pass through naturally. That would have influenced the procedure some time ago.

If I was reading Terry's CT scan, I probably would have thought that 9mm stone was a fetus and that he'd be giving birth in 8 and a half months or so.

If I was reading Terry's CT scan, I probably would have thought that 9mm stone was a fetus and that he'd be giving birth in 8 and a half months or so.

The problem is even simpler. If the stone is not removed, provided it is in the kidney calice, it will grow. And grow and grow over the years. In the end it will completly fill out the calices. That will become a major operation for removal. If the stone is stuck on the way down, he will constantly have problems, but the problems will sooner or later become less, because through the obstruction the damage to the kidney will become permanent and slowly but surely the kidney function will deteriorate, so in the end the kidney will have no function anymore.

You are on my list... I pray that your doctors are guided and skilled. That you heal completely and quickly. That you never have to suffer this again.

Latest posts

Back