wicked work saw down for a few days due to kidney stone.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem is even simpler. If the stone is not removed, provided it is in the kidney calice, it will grow. And grow and grow over the years. In the end it will completly fill out the calices. That will become a major operation for removal. If the stone is stuck on the way down, he will constantly have problems, but the problems will sooner or later become less, because through the obstruction the damage to the kidney will become permanent and slowly but surely the kidney function will deteriorate, so in the end the kidney will have no function anymore.

My son had his L kidney removed 2/14/12 due to a constricted ureter at the pelvis of the kidney. He was in the hospital overnight and played in a baseball game 2/28 (8YO bodies recover remarkably quickly). We go back to the urologist tomorrow for an ultrasound and consult. Hopefully we get good news and he is dismissed.

Praying for you Terry.

Neal

no good news thats for certain. this doctor says that the er folks cant read the ct scan. my stone is 9mm and will not pass and has only moved slightly forward and stopped again. i didnt think i ever felt as if i had passed it. i am scheduled for surgery at 6am in the morning. i guess that will get me over it once and for all. ive already lost going on 3 weeks becouse of this. i dont know how many days it takes to heal after the surgery but at least i know it will be over and done soon.
AMEN !!
Keeping you in our prayers here !
Good luck !!

im back home now. let me tell you that urination is a task. it feels like razor blades. pure blood. i have a stent in the tube that will come out next week. atleast the stone is gone. im on my way to recovery now.

Glad your system didn't try and pass that 9mm stone! That would have 'ported you pipe' fer sure! :msp_scared:

Good to hear you're home and on the mend! :cheers:

im back home now. let me tell you that urination is a task. it feels like razor blades. pure blood. i have a stent in the tube that will come out next week. atleast the stone is gone. im on my way to recovery now.

Well, glad you got it out, one way or the other. Youll heal up! When will they let ya get back to logging?

Best wishes and prayers going out to Terry for a speedy and complete recovery.

Chuck

Good news, Terry. Glad to hear it. And, in your case, you can ignore my signature...whining is definitely allowed after all that.

i generally would consider myself to be one tough sob when it comes to pain. the day i got crushed by a hickory i sluffed it off and wentback to cutting timber at lunch a couple hrs later. i had 3 broke ribs two broke fingers,cracked collar bone and a compression fracture in my back. i told my guys my family dont eat if i dont work so they let me backin the woods. i mashed 2 fingers off and was back to work marking timber and painting boundary lines 3 days later. but this little 9mm stone put me down. i had hoped after yesterday when the doc said he would get it out tommorrow that it would be smooth sailingtil sugery time. i was way bad wrong. the stone tried to move all night last night and i didnt want pain meds for fear they wouldnt do the surgery becouse my blood would be thin or something. right now as long as i dont move im great. but when i need to take a leak i learned real quick to sit not stand. in the middle of urination the kidney will spasm and then the stream tends to go everywhere but the toilet while your trying not to drop to your knees. but all in all im ticked to death knowing that im just a couple of days out of being released for work duty. woot woot

Ouchy!! I couldn't imagine trying to pass a 9mm stone for that long...

My wife got see me roll around in the floor of the ER like a little mad girl over a 4mm stone lol! I was working when it hit and had to drive myself to the ER, It's a wonder I made it the way I was driving lol.

Yep, one good thing is knowing the end is near! You'll be good as new in a few weeks!

If you have a stent from the bladder to the kidney the kidney spasms will not go away until it is removed. It is amazing how much better you feel 30 minutes after the stent is removed. I hope you are better soon and no permant damage to the kidney. Tom

Well, it sounds like you are slowly but surely on the way to mending. Definitely take it easy over the next few days. Kidney stones are a wild ride no matter which direction you go in.

Latest posts

Back