thats it mother nature is a B

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NO MAS! Last year this time it was in the 70's. Not normal, but this isnt either. Time for some green, time to plant! Trout season starts next Mon. Fishing streams in the snow sux! Don't catch much either. Looking out the window as I type...pink sky in the morning! This can't be good.

The weather guessers are calling for SNOW!! today into tomorrow :dizzy:. 1-3" before I get off work 2-nite with 4-8" by Monday mornin'.

I made a trip to Bass Pro for the "secret" fishin' baits down in Cincinasty, OH. not long ago,,I wonder if Ol' Man Winter is begrudgin' me for thinkin' about good times, good weather, cold frosties and FISHIN",,,?

I have a friend who burns today what he cuts this morning and we bust his butt each year about it. WELL this "spring" I have had to buy a grapple load of "green" because I did not have time to prepare for our 8 months of winter. Part that sucks is I have 100 acres and the equipment to harvest my own but no time. New Hampshire not only starting to suck politically but weather to. Tennessee here we come(wife is from TN)

I hear ya.

Last year my end of season scavenging consisted of hunting sugar maple blow downs. It was work but fun. Out in the woods, mucking around with the dogs, and putting my new trailer through its paces.

IMG_0670640x480.jpg

This year.....it showed up on more wheels.....Not so much fun. Notice the difference in ground color. :msp_unsure:

A4373886-2F69-4668-A309-D9A874DB6461-5792-0000010EB7CBC8F0_zps4e8de49e.jpg

Last edited:
Two wheelbarrows full and im into the green stuff or propane. Not looking for simpathy just venting sick of snow , cold and wind. this winter can kiss my ass!! :laugh:

Agreed. We're expecting 8"-12" before this is over tomorrow.
I just started on my last cord of seasoned wood.
Next years supply is only about 25% done, just haven't been able to get in to cut and split. Working up wood when it's hot is just about as bad as dealing with this eternal winter.
At least I can smile when the Propane guy drives by without stopping.

This spring is kickin my ass for work. We do a ton of commercial roof repair every spring and summer but this year I have 10 tons to do and need 50 plus degrees to do it right. Preferably 60 plus.

Man I need to get started on it!!!!

It is March. What do you expect? Oh, I get it, another whining thread about the normal weather.

Don't move here. I have been snowed on every month of the year in our fair state. Every month.

Ha, I had to cut up a couple of small elm's yesterday that had been down for 8 month's or so since I'm out of wood. I have a bunch of slabwood off the mill so I will be bucking that up next...mostly softwood but it will burn fine.

Well here in TN the snow is not so much, but the rain is pretty much a big part of winter. I have 20 ac of bottom-land pasture and we have had 6 or 7 floods this winter. It's not Tennessee's fault that my area is a bunch of steep ridges and the water has one place to go...down to the bottom. I still would not live anyplace else in the world, low low taxes, very few "codes", abundant clean water and very reasonable land prices...the list goes on and on. My wife owns a small real estate company here and one of her sayings is that "We are just beyond the Sticks":) Right now since the whole gun thing in the NE, she has many clients from those states looking to bail, so she is very busy.

A video of a Jan flood:

Jan2013Flood_zpsf93fe375.mp4 Video by motorseven | Photobucket

I've tried every ink on PB to embed my video...what am I doing wrong?

Oh, I get it, another whining thread about the normal weather.

Normal?? WTF are you talking about?? Normal?? Heck, I'd take "normal" in a heartbeat!
Our average daytime high temperatures are 15[sup]o[/sup] below "normal" for the first 24 days of March... average overnight low temperatures are better than 20[sup]o[/sup] below "normal"... snowfall is well above "normal". Not one single day in March has yet to reach the "normal" temperature... not one single day! Nothing in the forecast indicates we will be seeing anything close to "normal" during the remainder of March... in fact most show us dropping even further below "normal". It appears that on the first of April we will still have snow-cover and virtually none of the frost gone from the ground... that simply ain't "normal".

It is March. What do you expect? Oh, I get it, another whining thread about the normal weather.

Don't move here. I have been snowed on every month of the year in our fair state. Every month.

Come on I have relatives that live up that way. That’s fair weather up there. You may get a lot of rain and snow but never gets to cold.

angry inch,
I've come to the conclusion that unless someone as spent an entire winter on the northern plains (and there ain't many places worse than the Dakota's) they just don't have a clue! Especially anyone living west of the Rockies... and even worse, west of the Sierra's. They'll never understand it ain't the snow, it ain't he cold, it ain't the wind... it's the snow, cold and never-ending wind combined that just goes on, and on, and on, and on, for days, and weeks, and months. They don't understand that people actually lose their mind during winter... I mean literally lose their mind and end up in the loony-bin!

addendum; Oh... and before anyone asks... it's the months of June, September and October that make it worth sticking out the other 9-months!

Last edited:
It aint the cold.
It aint the snow.
It aint the wind.

It's the whining. And no, I have no desire to live "on the plains". I need mountains and greenery.

Now, are you forced against your will to live there?

How about selling some saws and guns and going on a trip to the sun? We PNWers find that travel helps to keep us happy during the dark months. February is usually when we need it. I drove to CA for a nice fix.

But don't move here. Here it aint the cold, it aint the snow (unless you live in Seattle during a rare snow event) It aint the wind (unless we have another Columbus day storm--think typhoon) It's the newcomers whining about the dampness and darkness of winter.

Now I gotta go skiing or cut the grass.

It aint the cold.
It aint the snow.
It aint the wind.

It's the whining. And no, I have no desire to live "on the plains". I need mountains and greenery.

Now, are you forced against your will to live there?

How about selling some saws and guns and going on a trip to the sun? We PNWers find that travel helps to keep us happy during the dark months. February is usually when we need it. I drove to CA for a nice fix.

But don't move here. Here it aint the cold, it aint the snow (unless you live in Seattle during a rare snow event) It aint the wind (unless we have another Columbus day storm--think typhoon) It's the newcomers whining about the dampness and darkness of winter.

Now I gotta go skiing or cut the grass.

No worries on my part, wouldnt even consider a visit in that area, let alone move there. Nice scenery isnt worth being even remotely close to xenophobes.

My brother and his wife took a 10-day Caribbean Cruise earlier this month...
They claim they'll never again do it late winter 'cause it only made coming back to this crap worse.
Mom and Dad just got back from the South Carolina coast on Saturday (went to visit his sister)... Dad says he's never in his life been so depressed as coming back to this crap has made him.

I've been to the mountains... damn pretty! Nice place to visit.
But it wouldn't be worth it for me. Ya' know? Living under left-coast ideology and all... heck even Colorado is following your lead (I suspect too many yuppies movin' to the mountains).
Naw, I'll stay here where there's at least a semblance of common sense remaining.

Latest posts

Back