What's on your bench? 03-24-2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yesterday I finished up a 046, a MS460, and another new 201T. They'll be on their way back home tomorrow. Tomorrow, another new MS461 goes on the bench.

Here's the latest on me and Anna's new hobby. We bought quite a few more fish yesterday at an auction. Had a good time hanging out with her.
[video=youtube_share;CZmHcGmFs34]http://youtu.be/CZmHcGmFs34[/video]

I have an 064 tore apart at the moment. it has a bad 066 topend. my buddy cleaned up the jug for me and i have a oem 66 piston reay to go it. I am doing crank seals why i have it apart but the ones i rodered are wrong. its also getting a new impulse line. i am trying to decide if i want to port it now or put it together stock first to see how it runs. i gutted the muffler yesterday.

MS 460 smashed by a logger, older saw, can't believe he is spending north of 5 bills to put it back together considering it's orginal condition before the accident. 201T with smashed top handle, victim of a 30' drop. 90% of what comes across my bench is due to poor operator maint., leaving fuel in until it turns into turpentine, running cheap 87 oct, 12-14% ethanol, running with air filters completely clogged, never changing fuel filters, and mostly fuel/carb related issues. Until I got exposed to the masses it is unbelievable how most treat their equipment, irregardless of brand you see very few manafacturing defects, just defective owners who treat their saws like crap.

My project is going to someone to get the squish cut and then it's back to work. Gotta love these old black top 61's wish I had more of them honestly.

right now an early 028 wb getting new seals,impulse line,fuel line,carb rebuild and a new timesert to replace the leaky helicoil for the sparkplug.

At the moment I'm in the middle of a complete 041 Super rebuild. Not a restoration - don't really get into repainting things - but a full rebuild including all new gaskets & soft parts, seals, bearings, piston, etc. Not the greatest saw of all time, but I wanted a good rebuild project and this was a great candidate since it was complete & in good condition. Should be a mighty fine saw for someone when I'm done. I also lucked into an older 20" Stihl duromatic bar the other day that will be a perfect match for it!

Thank goodness Brad stated a new "What's on my bench?" thread. :rock:

What a beautiful tank you and Anna have there........very nice.

I'm in the middle of a pile of 372XPs.........new and used.

I've got this for now. Probably won't get much saw stuff done in the next little bit. I do need to finish the muffler for the husky 50 so I can get it off the bench.

IMG_20130322_105355_371_zps9555088f.jpg

Back