Hardy H2 baffle info or pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poston5

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I bought a hardy h2 and have been using it for about a month now and I love it. I have heard that someone sells a baffle for it. This baffle is an auger that fits inside the 6" flue pipe. So I am going to make my own. Does anybody have a picture or know how they are mounted? I assume the auger is hung from the top of the flue, which in my mind would be simple and easy to remove if it became plugged.

Look up hardy effiency plates on you tube I believe they drill a hole in the stack and hang it off a piece of cold roll? I also have a hardy h-4 and would like to make the baffle for it! Please post pics of yours and let me know how good it works!!!

Went to see my farmer buddy tonight and Picked up my auger, I still need to make sure it fits. I plan to hang it from the top of the stack and not even drill a hole in the pipe. I will install it soon and let you know the results.

There's a dealer up around wooster who sells them . His name is Loren Rufner I talked to him a while back about one for my H2 said he was still testing them . I think he said they were 75.00 . He seemed like a pretty decent fellow from our conversation . His email is [email protected] . Phone # is 330 485 6310 .

The exhaust runs through the water jacket, which means if you can keep the flue hotter longer it will transfer to the water. I have seen my flame shoot a foot over the top of the stack when the stove is firing. The auger will prevent the flame from exiting through the middle of the stack and spread it to the outside of the stack. The salesman in the YouTube video explains it, watch that.

Latest posts

Back