Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sure wish Poulan would make a really good saw again.

It is a real shame the way the American made saws became nothing more than their name eh?

Because you lucky dogs never have to wear them down there, 24 degrees in the morning in april......:waaaht:

Or watch cap. By the way, I live in NC and it was 27 degrees here at 8:00AM. But I am at a little over 3000 ft. elevation. Great caps, thanks again to Mark.

My son-in-law left a "Super Clean" in the garage last weekend, said his handy neighbor couldn't seem to make it run.

I tore it completely down to give it a good cleaning and pressure test the crank case and verify that the seals were good. Installed a carburetor kit, sealed the boot, reset the coil gap, replace the spark plug, and made it a runner again. Even used it a bit today to trim up some small pieces as I was moving the wood pile. Not a power house but seems to start very dependably and runs well enough.

20" bar on a 46 cc saws seem a bit optimistic...

Mark

My son-in-law left a "Super Clean" in the garage last weekend, said his handy neighbor couldn't seem to make it run.

I tore it completely down to give it a good cleaning and pressure test the crank case and verify that the seals were good. Installed a carburetor kit, sealed the boot, reset the coil gap, replace the spark plug, and made it a runner again. Even used it a bit today to trim up some small pieces as I was moving the wood pile. Not a power house but seems to start very dependably and runs well enough.

Mark

True, but 'bigger' sells more, especially with the box store crowd.:givebeer:

I passed on a beautiful 3.7 craftsman due to lack of funds but I did get a non spark partner P39 which I may use to rehab my PP455.

Mark

Way to go Mark!

Yes, 20" is kinda optimistic on any 46CC.

To there credit though, if the carb is set right on them the 20 wont kill it. They really, really, like a muffler mod.

Way to go Mark!

Yes, 20" is kinda optimistic on any 46CC.

To there credit though, if the carb is set right on them the 20 wont kill it. They really, really, like a muffler mod.

this cantbe emphasized enough.:msp_smile:

True, but I'll try anyway:

The 46cc Poulan chainsaws running 20" bars "...really, really, like a muffler mod."
The 46cc Poulan chainsaws running 20" bars "...really, really, like a muffler mod."

Yes, things are a bit slow in the Poulan sticky :msp_tongue:.

I'll share a little so you aint so bored waiting for something to look at S.C. ;)

Ran her real fat at 12k for breaking in. 20" round maple. 24" full comp and a 7T.

stickerspoulan001_zps600918a9.jpg

stickerspoulan005_zpsf8edf08d.jpg

stickerspoulan002_zpsfc3b3d44.jpg

stickerspoulan010_zpsc5e1aa72.jpg

stickerspoulan006_zpse2729846.jpg

I don't post much in here,just to busy ! LOL

Found a Poulan worth posting today ! Got it from a guy that works a scrap yard around here. Feels like good compression and all there but the choke knob.
Acres says made 63-64 , 82cc cast iron sleeve , 21lb power head. That is all I know about it for now.

That things awesome. :rock:

Best Video I have seen in sometime. What a piece of Poulan history.

Is that Daves?

I believe so. Lots of classic Poulans showed up, I think there are more pics and vids making there way into the Va GTG thread.

I wish I had video of him running one of his gear drives, pulling up for all he was worth and it didn't slow down at all. Mastermind can confirm that one.

Hopefully Ernie will host again next year, it was a blast. :rock:

First 655

Hey guys, just for my first poulan 655, got it with a truck load of old huskys and other old saws the other day, well there were two 655s but I made one running saw out of 2, it cranks on the second pull but it has a smoking issue that worries me, iv heard of a window between the gas and oil tank, but I haven't pulled it apart to see. Also do these saws run at a high lopeing idle or is it just my carb hasn't been adjusted?

Poulan 3700

Well,used the Testors spray can Sublime green paint on my recent acquisition. Didn't turn out too bad though it is more green than I expected. Also not sure how well it will hold up,though it is enamel paint. Sorry I didn't imbed the photo as I haven't figured it out yet. Haven't run saw as yet.

bob

Well,used the Testors spray can Sublime green paint on my recent acquisition. Didn't turn out too bad though it is more green than I expected. Also not sure how well it will hold up,though it is enamel paint. Sorry I didn't imbed the photo as I haven't figured it out yet. Haven't run saw as yet.

bob

That looks good, Bob.

Actually, dang good.

Looks damn good to me too Bob.

bob

289022d1365388156-image-jpg

289023d1365388181-image-jpg

Latest posts

Back