Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well.......................

My Brother in law just called.
He is at the same auction house where the 655 sold the other night.
The buyer queered the deal an the auctioneer told my BIL that I could have the saw for my last bid.................:D

He also gave me a 7 day no questions asked refusal.

Mike

Well Mike, are you going to bite? Is it a BP?
Bob

I told my BIL to let him know I would take it.
I have no clue if it is a BP or not.
It has NO markings whatsoever except for the Poulan Pro on the recoil.

We shall see!

Mike

i have a 2900 and a 3050 are these the good old ones? i love em both but one was tuned by a fella at the local farm and home and its a bad mochine(to me least ways) went to have the other tune the same and they told me they wouldnt touch any poulan cause the were crap! also found out the tuner had quit. putting fuel line on both but besides that they are great. pigpen

And that is the secret on getting good saws cheap! Poulans came out with a line of made in the USA inexpensive, affordable but perfectly functional saws. People ran them into the ground, and they broke, same as if they had done that to a much more expensive saw. That and ethanol fuel which borked the lines and carbs. So they got a rep for being shoddy, when they are not, they are just good deals! Made in USA going all the way back good deals, well built, easiest to work on, cheapest parts. And the brand name is iconic, so any poulan can be had most places real cheap! Its completely stupid and ridiculous, but I take advantage of it all the time, scoop up any cheap or free poulan I can get.

And this is pure speculation, but..if Poulan was today a stand alone company and hadnt sold out to electrolux then that to husky group..they would be giving husky and stihl a serious run for the money on price and performance. You look at their last iterations of muscle saws to see the direction they were going. Heck, look at their little top handles, a modern version made a little more compact, as a true full tophandle and higher revving engine s25cva would kick 200t booty.

bar studs pulling out fix? craftsman 36cc plastic saw

i have a customer with a 36cc plastic saw, the bar studs are pulling out,. what is the fix for this? thanks

Well.......................

My Brother in law just called.
He is at the same auction house where the 655 sold the other night.
The buyer queered the deal an the auctioneer told my BIL that I could have the saw for my last bid.................:D

He also gave me a 7 day no questions asked refusal.

Mike

I told my BIL to let him know I would take it.
I have no clue if it is a BP or not.
It has NO markings whatsoever except for the Poulan Pro on the recoil.

We shall see!

Mike

$140.00

Mike

I hope that you get a nice 655BP, or at the very least a nice large cube PP!

i have a customer with a 36cc plastic saw, the bar studs are pulling out,. what is the fix for this? thanks

I show guys that bring in saws that I have to use 2 fing hands to get the bar nuts loose on this trick. Put your thumb and pointer, middle finger on the scrench socket head part and tighten.
That way that cant freaking put that much strength onto them like they do using the handle part to over tighten like they do. :dizzy:

I show guys that bring in saws that I have to use 2 fing hands to get the bar nuts loose on this trick. Put your thumb and pointer, middle finger on the scrench socket head part and tighten.
That way that cant freaking put that much strength onto them like they do using the handle part to over tighten like they do. :dizzy:

I usually reserve that finger for Stihls.

I agree, lots of people with more muscle than sense.
But on that saw, since it's already buggered, couldn't you put on one of those intenz (or however you spell it) bars, with the adjuster built into the bar, on the saw to save it? I think I've got one if you want it.

I agree, lots of people with more muscle than sense.
But on that saw, since it's already buggered, couldn't you put on one of those intenz (or however you spell it) bars, with the adjuster built into the bar, on the saw to save it? I think I've got one if you want it.

Whats a intenz bar with adjuster in bar got to do with the 2 bar studs pulling through the case? :msp_confused:

I dont recall him saying anything about the bar adjuster being bad.

Whats a intenz bar with adjuster in bar got to do with the 2 bar studs pulling through the case? :msp_confused:

I dont recall him saying anything about the bar adjuster being bad.

I guess I'm thinking if the studs aren't all the way pulled out and he can get them to hold the intenz bar, you could adjust the chain tension using the built in tensioner on the intenz bar and not have to keep cranking down on the bar nuts. I haven't actually used an intenz bar or seen how badly buggered the studs are, so I don't know if it might work.

Well Guys,

It looks like the old blind hog finally found an ear of corn!!!:D

Pulled the muffler on the 655 tonight and sure enough........big as life, straight across from the muffler was a boost port!!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes and good lucks, apparently they paid off.

Mike

Well Guys,

Pulled the muffler on the 655 tonight and sure enough........big as life, straight across from the muffler was a boost port!!!!

Mike

Great score man!

Got a running Poulan 47 here, and dang if it dont run rather well. Cleaned up nice as well. Still waiting on a couple little things for it, the oiler and stop buttons and a oil cap. Too bad the clutch side 47 emblem is missing.

The bar came in that batch of bars I got a short time back and I think it works out well on it. Ended up finding a 8 tooth 3/8s sprocket that I had here that fit it to be able to use a 3/8 .058 gauge chain on it instead of hunting all over for a .404 .058 chain.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Well Guys,

Mike

You gonna like it......congrats.....

Back