40cc Shoot Out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So......do you need a 372? I got several. :msp_sneaky:

When I have the cash to float for one I'll let you know. I sent my 385co up to Scott so if I were to get another saw around 70+ cc it'd be strictly for play. But who knows when work will pick up with this weather.

I did that at the Central VA GTG.......it's no longer in this race. Sorry but it doesn't even compare.

Put 3/8" chain (not LP) and 18" bars on all of them and cut some real wood and see how they compare. You still gotta port one of them Homelites, even if it's no longer in your cookie cuttin' race.

Put 3/8" chain (not LP) and 18" bars on all of them and cut some real wood and see how they compare. You still gotta port one of them Homelites, even if it's no longer in your cookie cuttin' race.

I hear what you're saying Brother Bear. :rock:

The Homelite is a great little saw....we both know that.

If you have an empty drive slot in your current pc
can you slip in the drive from the dead box?
If the drive connection matches an available connection on the pc
and you have an unused power connector for it,
it should run if the drive itself is not damaged.

What chain are you using on these 40cc saws? I just tried some 91vxl and really like it so far. I hope to try some of the new still lo pro 3/8 soon.

I find the 91vx/vxl to be a very good cutting chain. It works great on my 36cc saw :)

What chain are you using on these 40cc saws? I just tried some 91vxl and really like it so far. I hope to try some of the new still lo pro 3/8 soon.

That is what we had on in the first videos. This last go round was just .325 semi chisel.

That is what we had on in the first videos. This last go round was just .325 semi chisel.

Have you compared the ported saw with .325 vs 3/8 VXL? 6T .365(?) vs 7T .325 is only worth .085" per turn of the drive sprocket. Did you switch for that reason, or because the .325 cutters hold up better?

Have you compared the ported saw with .325 vs 3/8 VXL? 6T .365(?) vs 7T .325 is only worth .085" per turn of the drive sprocket. Did you switch for that reason, or because the .325 cutters hold up better?

The saw had a .325 rim when I received it so I wanted to see now well it pulled the chain that the end user would be running.

I did that at the Central VA GTG.......it's no longer in this race. Sorry but it doesn't even compare.

I was surprized to see it get SMOKED in the GTG videos. They are sure nice saws to be around and use, but the stop watch doesn't lie, niether does 40 years of technology advance. I'm keepin' mine, I have other slow saws:msp_biggrin:

Try this with an MS241CM

[video=youtube;jGYeEy99dbM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGYeEy99dbM[/video]

24" bar. 3/8 chisel chain (NOT LP)...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back