New levelof chainsaw induced pain!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmcat

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was out cutting some odd length firewood down to size for splitting with my ms460 w/25" bar and was realizing it was quickly becoming my new #2 saw behind the 7900 when I had a painful mishap. I was cutting at ground level with the end 6" of the bar when I got close to finishing the cut the chain, which was freshly filed, grabbed a 3" diameter chunk of maple that was laying on the ground and flung it at my crotch, low in the crotch. Possibly the worst pain I have ever felt, I couln't breath or talk for 3 minutes. Lesson here is to keep your cutting area clean!!!!!!!!

No pics necessary!!!!!:yoyo:

Yep, saws can hurl small chunks very hard. I took a small stick right between the eyes a few years ago. I promptly purchased a couple of sets of Bugz Eyes.

Yep its funny how the chain can pick up a small piece of wood and throw it at you at warp speed. Got a few bruises from that, never had one land in my crotch tho. Funny thing is that its always the 046 with the 24" bar that does that, same as yours. Smaller saws (chains) seem to behave better. :msp_smile:

i was limbing some bull pines one time with my ms230.chain flew off and tapped me in the sack. :( talkin about a feller prayin before he looks down.took me a few minutes to catch my breath.lol

OOPS...I would have laughed my @$$ off if I had seen that!!! :laugh:

Sorry for your pain though.

-Phillip

I'll bet you like videos of people falling down on ice and getting hit in the face with sports balls. And then there is the whole attraction to that "America's Funniest Home Videos" show that just isn't funny! You people are weird. :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Worst part is having to answer to a 5 and 2 year old that daddy cant move because of where it hurts then they both fall over laughing!!

Cutting in a place I should not have been [just commented to a friend it was dangerous] the saw picked up a 2' x 3" piece of wood and it tore my hearing protection off my head!! If it would have been 4" to the left I know I would have had a broken nose at a minimum. CJ

Pain

I was out cutting some odd length firewood down to size for splitting with my ms460 w/25" bar and was realizing it was quickly becoming my new #2 saw behind the 7900 when I had a painful mishap. I was cutting at ground level with the end 6" of the bar when I got close to finishing the cut the chain, which was freshly filed, grabbed a 3" diameter chunk of maple that was laying on the ground and flung it at my crotch, low in the crotch. Possibly the worst pain I have ever felt, I couln't breath or talk for 3 minutes. Lesson here is to keep your cutting area clean!!!!!!!!

Maybe the latest recommendation for PPE should be a cup!!! Reminds me of a time a few(quite a few) years back when I was a hockey player, & I rang a smoking hard shot off a goalie's cup! He was on the ice for about 10min. All the details were pretty funny except for the goalie.

I'll bet you like videos of people falling down on ice and getting hit in the face with sports balls. And then there is the whole attraction to that "America's Funniest Home Videos" show that just isn't funny! You people are weird. :hmm3grin2orange:

Aww, c'mon, you never indulge in a bit've quality schadenfreude? Not even a little?

You are truly a better person than me in that case (but I'm sure there are plenty hereabouts who'd say that isn't difficult!)

Oh yes, ive been whacked in the shins and knees with loose small rounds. What also hurts is when youre splitting wood, and a piece decides to split explosively, my splitter's i-beam is perfect nut shot height...

The first machine shop I worked in had a large WW2 era surface grinder with a nice big handwheel about 12 or 14 inch diameter, to raise and lower the head. That handwheel also had a flip out handle. The machine had an electric motor to raise and lower the head as well. One night I wasn't thinking and hit the button to move the head, but had forgotten to flip that handle. It caught me right in the nuts, lifted me a few inches off the floor, and then sat me back down in the blink of an eye. I came close to throwing up. Lesson learned.

I mowed the lawn today, and after doing so I sat down and

had a cold beer.

The day was really quite beautiful, and the drink facilitated

some deep thinking on various topics.

Finally I thought about an age old question:

Is giving birth more painful than getting kicked in the nuts?

Women always maintain that giving birth is way more painful

than a guy getting kicked in the nuts.

Well, after another beer, and some heavy deductive thinking,

I have come up with the answer to that question.

Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby;

and here is the reason for my conclusion.

A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say,

It might be nice to have another child."

On the other hand, you never hear a guy say, "You know,

I think I would like another kick in the nuts."

I rest my case. Time for another beer.

Not mine,I copied and pasted it-could well be true though:msp_smile:

Dude. I'm SORRY for you! :msp_scared:

I spit a wedge out with the top of the bar bucking a log. Shot out like a bullet, bounced off another tree, and hit me in the arm so hard it went numb.

I haven't had the pleasure of a nut cracker yet. Not from a saw related incident, anyways.

Back