My Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan313

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey Everybody, my name is Ryan, I just joined the site; it looks like a well rounded place with a lot of intelligent people. I wanted to introduce myself and show you guys my saws before I got posting to much.

I have 5 saws, two are the junk Craftsman saws, one is a Homelite, and the other two are Stihls. I am only going to post about the Stihls, they are the only ones I use and are the only ones I have pictures of.

First up is the Stihl 029 Super with 20" bar. I bought it this winter from a guy I worked with in tree service some. It had a 16" bar at the time with a brand new chain, and a fresh carb cleaning. I ended up giving him $200 for it, then buying the bigger bar. It runs great, cuts great, and starts with 3 or 4 pulls. I use this saw for felling and bucking.
BD5BAEA4-8C26-431C-8E88-B72D8C6830CA-8246-0000052C088F63EE.jpg

3E457379-BA16-46F3-9108-0B7DC0EC9BF7-8246-0000052C0E79CA8B.jpg

Next is the Stihl 011AV. I traded a guy a non-running Allis Chalmers Professional 75 for it. The guy told me this one did not run, but I figured I could get more out of it if I could not get it running. Besides, this one fits my needs, the AC did not. I adjusted the carb and now it starts first pull every time! Two weeks ago I took down 8 trees for my neighbor and while limbing with the 029 I hit myself in the left knee with the saw, if I did not have my chaps on I would have needed a couple stitches for sure! I thought about it and I realized that with a smaller, lighter, and easier to maneuver saw I would have not hit my leg. So, that is why I wanted a smaller saw.
43F64C07-1DAC-4569-8021-AB1C24C476F0-25588-00000EC94AC001C2.jpg

2D3B91DC-B30E-4E7D-B5EA-A1AF6A693951-25588-00000EC94244330F.jpg

Personally I would have kept the 75, a better saw and one with a good collector following that can bring decent money on e-Bay.

It does'nt matter what kind of saws you've got. As long as you enjoy them is all that matters. I personaly don't turn down any saws that come my way. I like them all. Welcome to AS. Glad you're here among friends.

Personally I would have kept the 75, a better saw and one with a good collector following that can bring decent money on e-Bay.

Oh well, I got it for free anyway. The guy who I bought the 029 Super from was going to put it in the dumpster, and I took it instead. I have never used it and I don't think I would have anyway. What is done is done, I am not going to fret about it.

Ryan stop following me site to site! Lol. Welcome here. They can give you better advice than I can as many of them have more experience than I do. I have learned a lot from being on here. And you will too.

-Charles

Welcome aboard!

Now do yourself a favor and RUN!!!

You will be trying to acquire more saw storage space soon if you stick around here with this bunch of "saw geeks"!!!LOL

Mike

P.S. Grab and hold every Allis Chalmers saw you can find!

Thanks for the welcome guys!

And I think I am already getting hooked on saws! I wrote out a craigslist ad about a week ago and I noticed I said I would trade for chainsaws... lets hope that I don't become addicted to chainsaws as much as I am addicted to garden tractors! Charles knows what I mean. :biggrinbounce2:

Thanks for the welcome guys!

And I think I am already getting hooked on saws! I wrote out a craigslist ad about a week ago and I noticed I said I would trade for chainsaws... lets hope that I don't become addicted to chainsaws as much as I am addicted to garden tractors! Charles knows what I mean. :biggrinbounce2:

Probably to late I would start the twelve step program now!:hmm3grin2orange:

Back