Little Score Yesterday

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago my hot water heater sprung a leak, and it's been sitting on the back of my truck since. I needed to use the truck today for a side job. So, I threw 2 old rotors that my wife has been reminding me about on the truck too, and headed of the the scrap guy. He gave me $12 dollars and some change for my junk. I asked him if he had any old chainsaws in and he yelled "your the chainsaw guy" and then the said he had a big one he'd been saving for me. He turned around and started looking for it then said "oh no they threw it away". He started looking in all the hoppers and found it. Not a real big one. It's an Echo 650 EVL with a 24" bar. Said he's take $10 bucks for it. Sold. It looks like it sat under someones work bench for several years, covered with oily dust and dirt. But, under the light coat of grime there's nary a scratch. Missing the air filter, with 2 stink bugs stuck in the butterfly of the carb. Plan on playing with it after work Monday. This same guy sold me 2 saws about 2 years ago for $25, on was a locked up Homelite Zip and the other was a Pioneer 700 with good compression. That one went to a member here. Anyway, here's the pic, Joe.

Back