Piece of junk.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattthompson

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just got done taking 2 mini macs apart, putting one back together. Who designed these things? I had to pull the entire motor 3 times to replace a fuel line, once to get it apart, a second time to put the throttle linkage back in, and a third to attach the nipple for the fuel tank. Don't get me wrong they are great saws and have great power, but to do any thing you have to undo 13 bolts. I put the second one back in the building for another day. Got the first to run, but had to file all the safety bumps down to get it to cut. But once I can get a file I'm gonna sharpen the crap out of that chain. Also are all parts from the Mac series compatible? I've got a 130, a 110 a 120 and a eager beaver. They all look the same on the inside.:msp_confused:

I just got done taking 2 mini macs apart, putting one back together. Who designed these things? I had to pull the entire motor 3 times to replace a fuel line, once to get it apart, a second time to put the throttle linkage back in, and a third to attach the nipple for the fuel tank. Don't get me wrong they are great saws and have great power, but to do any thing you have to undo 13 bolts. I put the second one back in the building for another day. Got the first to run, but had to file all the safety bumps down to get it to cut. But once I can get a file I'm gonna sharpen the crap out of that chain. Also are all parts from the Mac series compatible? I've got a 130, a 110 a 120 and a eager beaver. They all look the same on the inside.:msp_confused:

There is a good joke there somewhere, but I ain't going there......

Those saws are a nightmare, no one in their right mind even attempts to work on them.....

There is a good joke there somewhere, but I ain't going there......

Those saws are a nightmare, no one in their right mind even attempts to work on them.....
Well I have been called crazy before, will be called it again. Saws like the 55 rancher I can take apart in 5 minutes heck even the cramped 142 is easier to work on than these.

Those are really cute saws, to display. I have several. The nicest one sits on a shelf with its owner manual. Other ones are somewhere on the parts pile. I really like the look of mini-macs but never even thought of trying to actually run them. Nice looks but terrible design.

No way,mini macs are way cool.There will be a mini mac guy along to straighten you out shortly.;)
Rumor has it,even Guido Salvage likes them:cool2:

No way,mini macs are way cool.There will be a mini mac guy along to straighten you out shortly.;)
Rumor has it,even Guido Salvage likes them:cool2:

That is why rumors are rumors, they are not often founded in fact. I am the owner of a number of them (not bought, but either given to me or a "throw in" with another saw) but do not work on them. The first one I tangled with cured me of that, the recoil would fail every 5 pulls and after pulling it off 4 times I gave the saw to the next person who came to buy a real saw.

Was working on some saws I got in a bulk deal today and got to a 3214 Mac. Primer bulb rotted off, felt low on compression. When it didn't fire with 2 different shots of mix in the carb I threw it on the junk pile.

At one point I had five mini Macs. To me it's the perfect little saw for camping and clearing shooting lanes. Down to one late model Mac 160S now, need to put a carb kit in it. I was a Toyota mechanic for several years so I'm used to taking apart things in cramped spaces.;)

Such a lot of whining!

Ever take an iPhone apart?

That is why rumors are rumors, they are not often founded in fact. I am the owner of a number of them (not bought, but either given to me or a "throw in" with another saw) but do not work on them. The first one I tangled with cured me of that, the recoil would fail every 5 pulls and after pulling it off 4 times I gave the saw to the next person who came to buy a real saw.

Was working on some saws I got in a bulk deal today and got to a 3214 Mac. Primer bulb rotted off, felt low on compression. When it didn't fire with 2 different shots of mix in the carb I threw it on the junk pile.

Lol,yeah,I remember you saying once they may not be your favorite machine.:laugh:

not that i'm a fan of the mini macs, i don't find them that difficult to work on, but are they worth fixing in the first place?, i always find myself grabbing the chain brake handle instead of the main handle whenever i do run one, if thats the case something aint right with these saws.....................:msp_thumbdn:

Back