the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The felt filter on the 346 has been going alright so far but I try to cut as much green stuff as possible. I leave the dirty jobs for the 261.

I can see why :D

Husky 550XP with stuff all work (fixed immediately with filter oil)...

Stihl MS241 with a sh*tload of work...

I can see why :D

Husky 550XP with stuff all work (fixed immediately with filter oil)...

Stihl MS241 with a sh*tload of work...

I have never laid eyes on a HD2 filter,but the filter housing (i guess you would call it that) on the 291 i was talking about looks just like the one in that pic.Filter screws on and off :msp_confused:

I have never laid eyes on a HD2 filter,but the filter housing (i guess you would call it that) on the 291 i was talking about looks just like the one in that pic.Filter screws on and off :msp_confused:

A lot of the Stihl models are running HD2's now. I think Bennn*e even saw one on a BG86 blower recently. Smart move on Stihl's part.
Ben did have one complaint though - the filters are that good that nobody needs spares and they probably won't wear out so he won't ever sell many :D

got offered a stihl parts saw tonight for 20 bucks, bought it sight unseen and just went picked it up. turned out to be a well used but not wrecked 026 pro, seal around the fuel line let go and old mate threw it aside to waste away, only thing im missing is the top cover. so the question is what are the chances of finding a cover for one of these?

Matt, can I lodge a warranty claim on this chain please ?

It stopped cutting this arvo and I'm not sure why, but it must be faulty. :msp_sneaky:

:laugh:

if ya dont get warranty rick i say we boycott big matt, that chain is clearly in "as new condition" !
matt and his chinese crap strike again:D :D

got offered a stihl parts saw tonight for 20 bucks, bought it sight unseen and just went picked it up. turned out to be a well used but not wrecked 026 pro, seal around the fuel line let go and old mate threw it aside to waste away, only thing im missing is the top cover. so the question is what are the chances of finding a cover for one of these?

You have no trouble finding a used or aftermarket top cover, zillions of those saws were made.

Try ebay US, the prices there should be reasonable. Stihl would have a new one but you would pay for the shininess...

It stopped cutting this arvo and I'm not sure why, but it must be faulty. :msp_sneaky:

:laugh:

Definitely a case of inferior metallurgic consistency... send it back for sure.

Yeah I often wonder mate. It's not only testing but where the testing is done. Every Husky saw I've owned has to have the filter oiled to stop finer stuff like Redgum going straight through it. Stihl had exactly the same issues before the HD2.
Ah what I'd give for a rainforest, no dust, and pine...

You reckon? You'd rather be in wet soggy humid swampy crap?

I went cutting up behind Deloraine on a forestry permit..... the wood was so wet it squelched - it wouldn't split..... this was dry leftover logs and tops from logging probably a year prior. :msp_confused::msp_thumbdn:

And walking around in mud, feet getting ever heavier.... no I'd rather have the drier ground, and the boss's property down near Ouse thanks..... much lower rainfall, harder timber, grown dry over many years (etc).

Maybe Rudy was using one of these,

View attachment 292726

:yoyo:

ahhh yes, well that explains it,,,, and how does that air cleaner stand up to fine dust.

That one of your toys wayne.

Good idea Neil, its really tough being an amateur sometimes :rolleyes2:

Truth be told I cut more wood, probably a few ute loads I would say. Here is some pre split wood I was cutting, my helper has been pretty handy with moving logs etc.

attachment.php

You have got the idea with that loader, that takes the stress out of wood cutting, especialy if you cut the blocks above the trailer.
I knew you could handle more than a 6x4 in one day, to only do that much requires skills reserved for just a few.

looks ok to me, Matt may suggest you turn the chain around and try again.

Last edited:
ahhh yes, well that explains it,,,, and how does that air cleaner stand up to fine dust.

You have got the idea with that loader, that takes the stress out of wood cutting, especialy if you cut the blocks above the trailer.
I knew you could handle more that a 6x4 in one day, to only do that much requires skills reserved for just a few.

How about that big EPA muffler on Waynes saw :biggrin:

Yeah the forks are pretty handy, I was going to use the grapple but there is to much steel in the way when cutting. I am working on another firewood cutting grapple, hopefully I can get a chance to build it in the near future.

I thought you said

"Just been digging trenches for the last two hours with mattock, crow bar and fencing shovel to run a new drain from the grease trap to the soak away."#

you never said anything about the makita

I knew you could handle more that a 6x4 in one day, to only do that much requires skills reserved for just a few.

The paper cartridge air filters are the best, they were widely used back in the 60s these days there called HD filters :msp_smile:.
Yes It's one of my toys

The paper cartridge air filters are the best, they were widely used back in the 60s these days there called HD filters :msp_smile:.
Yes It's one of my toys

Well i guess mac men were the bench mark back then, of coarse the service boys were no dought even better, we all know who will tell us this any way.

Looks like a nice example of the type you have there.

Wayne you can guess what i forgot to do on friday, i'll make sure i remember this week.

Hmmmm, no reply from our expert yet Neil.

On another note, for you oh nine oh junkies, Crows Nest Qld show is on the 11th of May, there should be a swag of them ol tarts there racing.

Qld state post rip titles will be held at the Gympie show this year on the 18 of May, long day of heats and finals in the rips along with six speed events for the blokes and one speed for the ladies. Top racing there all day long

Hooroo
Will

Why sure Rick. My warranties also cover wear and Yellow Box damage. However it is only on my Chinese chain though and that clearly looks like Carlton A2EP.

if ya dont get warranty rick i say we boycott big matt, that chain is clearly in "as new condition" !
matt and his chinese crap strike again:D :D

Is Boycott like an Apricot?

You reckon? You'd rather be in wet soggy humid swampy crap?

I probably should have said that to me a rainforest is anything with an annual rainfall over 18" :) I was that excited cutting down below Huonville a few years back I got quite emotional when I could cut nearly all day and not sharpen a chain. It was joyous...

Nah Rick doesn't have a grinder Neil so it would take him too long to round file the backs of the cutters.

Hmmmm, no reply from our expert yet Neil.

Hooroo
Will

Crikey Will I was busy and couldn't get online. What reply would you like from me? :D

Latest posts

Back