Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning slackers. LOL

Got to bed about 11pm , left the window open cause it was a little warm in here. Got woke back up by some noise at 11:30 . Then I hear some racket out in the living room. Dang cat had a bird again ! Where does that cat find birds this late at night ! Caught the bird this time !

GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...............................

gotta remember to get COFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! today !!

Mornin All

Had a bunch of emails that I had to return so been typing since 4:30......so...I'll type a little more.....RON!! REMEMBAH COFFEE TODAY!!!! K?.....

I discovered a bit of two stroke trivia whilst reading up on vintage (spelled OLD) Saabs.......the ones from the 50/60's all had "Free wheeling" which, for those of you who may not be familiar (spelled to young) is a mechanical setup in the transmission that when the drive wheels over run the engine speed (like going down hill) the trans goes into "coast" or "free wheeling" mode....in other words no engine brake when you let off the gas.....quite a few cars from the 50's had this feature as well as a manual overdrive as an econo measure....This was not Saabs reason......until 1966 and a few special 67/68s all Saabs were powered by 3 cyl, water cooled two strokes.....when going down a hill at say 50 miles/hr with the throttle closed the engine was stihl turning 3500 rpm with no fuel and no lube......we all are familiar what happens to a 2 stroke when the lube goes away (to lean) and that is why the Saabs had free wheeling....so the engine could return to idle with the appropriate mix and the car keep going until you required power again...where upon you just stepped on the gas..the trans would smoothly go back into lock up mode you continued on. This is controlled...either in or out with a handle on the inside of the firewall....it is possible to disable or engage manually .

So there ya go......Knowledge is power!!!!! LOL!!!

Robin that sawagain place had a new top piece of the coil for the 521 last time I looked. But haven't checked there for a couple weeks?

Not feeling to bad right now ? May get some saws built today !

Yes they did/do John...but I got this one much cheeper, right off ebay.....$24.95.....can't remember but sawagain wanted $23.99 used and $44.99 NOS but that one was gone anyway ......

Back