gas cans / piggy backs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live quite a ways from you in New England but the only places I can find the good (non EPA crap) cans is at flea markets. Might be worth going to some swap meets at any racetracks near you as well.

copy that...the one I had that was all CARB Epa compliant ended up in a burn pile...I hated that thing. I spilt more gas on the ground with it than in my whole life combined.

Last edited:
I live quite a ways from you in New England but the only places I can find the good (non EPA crap) cans is at flea markets. Might be worth going to some swap meets at any racetracks near you as well.

hell I cant even find them at Flea Markets or Yard Sales anymore, i see them on fleabay every so often but the prices are flat out Obscene....

I'm so sick of the EPA etc I could puke.

You mentioned "piggyback", I presume you mean a can that also provides tool storage? if so, Blitz cans can still be found but they are pricey. If you buy one be sure it comes with a nozzle.

Is their a gas can with a square corner bottom available? I have a few by Blitz that are top heavy with the round bottom. They dump fuel in the back of my truck a few times in the past.

hell I cant even find them at Flea Markets or Yard Sales anymore, i see them on fleabay every so often but the prices are flat out Obscene....

I'm so sick of the EPA etc I could puke.

+1. Just another good example of our federal government making things better for us. I spill fuel all over the place using the new cans.

Sounds to me this is like the stihl flippy caps. You must be smarter than the gas can. I have I have one that you can tip up to pour but nothing flows till you push in the vent nozzle. Once you do that it flows til you let go then it stops right away. The world is changing its time for an old dog to learn new tricks.

I like the new "No Spill" brand of fuel cans better than most of the older plastic gas cans. If they fall over in the back of your truck, they don't spill.

The other option is to get one of the Type I or Type II metal fuel cans. More expensive than plastic, but last longer and no dissolved polymers in your fuel.

I'll second ATVGuns recommendation. My cousin has that same gas can and it DOES work well.

I stay with NATO style metal 20L cans. As long as they have a good gasket, they never leak. A bit big for chainsaw gas, but best gas cans I've ever owned.

I just picked up a 2-1/2ga No Spill can yesterday, and I have to say I like it quite a bit. It is so easy to fill without spilling, just as they say. This is better than any of the cans I have had, including the old non-sealed style - as long as it holds up, and it seems to be decently made. It has a flat bottom too.

You mentioned "piggyback", I presume you mean a can that also provides tool storage? if so, Blitz cans can still be found but they are pricey. If you buy one be sure it comes with a nozzle.

I think he means the ones with a 1+ gallon Bar & Chain Oil can built in.

Sounds to me this is like the stihl flippy caps. You must be smarter than the gas can. I have I have one that you can tip up to pour but nothing flows till you push in the vent nozzle. Once you do that it flows til you let go then it stops right away. The world is changing its time for an old dog to learn new tricks.

that would apply if the flippy caps required 2 people to operate them.......most of these new cans require 2 people to be able to use them without ending up with more gas on the ground than in the tank.

this was a completely un-nessisary and bass-ackwards change.

that said, I quite like the design of these cans but the prices are nuts.

http://rotopax.com/1-Gallon-Gasoline.html

Last edited:

Just what we called the bar oil mix gas tank combos....locals call them Dolmars too.

FYI, with this type of spout

27437.jpg

you can disable the CARB BS by taking it apart and removing the spring inside (quite simple to do) or by cutting the plastic notch that creates the spring tension with the green thing on it, or by doing both.

Last edited:
Eagle brand/style rubber gas spouts are being produced new again and available on ebay for about $12.

i'd be happy if the non-epa scepter 5 gallon cans were available in the US again.....(For MSRP rather than fleabay crazy prices)

Latest posts

Back