Please Read

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It could happen to anybody for any number of reasons so don't beat yourself up about it. You were looking out for him as many others do when accidents happen. I will reminder you and your family in my prayers.

I can't even pretend to know what you're going through over there. Any family member or friend whose life is taken that suddenly without having the opportunity to say any kind of last goodbyes will be the most gut-wretching heartbreak someone could go through. Please accept my condolences.

Man, Scott, I have no idea what to say.

I lost my dad suddenly, but in more "normal" circumstances. One of the few good things was that he didn't have to lay in a hospital bed for weeks or months. My Dad had watched one of my uncles suffer far too long, and his biggest fear was a long drawn out end in a hospital or nursing home.

Keep your family and friends close, they'll help you through this. I sent a few words to the man upstairs for ya as well.

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help out.

Hi Scot

Sorry for your loss, May God Bless you and your family. God will not take the pain of your loss away completely because the pain you are experincing is pain of love for your father which is natural, but god can and will help you and your family through this tragic time. Again sorry for your loss, I will be praying with and for you and your family.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family over your loss.

I will also say to hold and remember him as a proud person who could and would do. That's one of the strengths of my immediate family was dignified passings, no chronic illness. Whereas with my father in law, he is still fighting on, having survived some nasty infections to date. He is however suffering advanced MS and doesn't have much doing ability left in his hands (legs went 12 years ago), arm strength probably 6 years ago, mind is easily fatigued as well, still sharp but cannot work at that level for any length of time.

Sorry for your loss, but what a privilege to have spent the time with him doing what you both enjoyed.

This is as informative and tragic post as I've ever read. I can only imagine how you must feel. Prayers and condolences sent.

pt

sorry to hear of your loss.
other folks have said about everything
that I feel about passing on while doing what you loved.

i can only hope it helps with your own sense of peace with things.

What a sad story, but some positive thoughts can be found. You were very good to your dad letting him help you and still be enjoying life doing what he loved and could still do. And you did your best looking out for him. Just a bad accident, letting us all know how dangerous just collecting firewood can be. Wishing the best for the recovery process, thoughts and prayers for you and everyone in the extended family.

Scott, I will just echo the condolences of others. Tragic for sure.

Impressive of you to start this thread, took some courage, and sent some chills down my body as I kept reading.

I'm not much of a God man, but may your dad rest in peace.

What a sad story, but some positive thoughts can be found. You were very good to your dad letting him help you and still be enjoying life doing what he loved and could still do. And you did your best looking out for him.

Well said. Many older folks with similar decreasing mental and physical functions are left by their families to fend for themselves. Scott, I hope you take pride in the fact that you took the high road and kept your dad fully involved in your life. I have no doubt he died a happy man doing what he enjoyed the most with his son.

My sincerest thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Back