May 23 and I just lit the stove!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XSKIER

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Wow! 48 degrees here today with over night lows in the thirties for the next two nights. I was outside today in the rain, so a 60 degree house is just not going to work. Anyone else feeling the chill?

null-2.jpg

Wow! 48 degrees here today with over night lows in the thirties for the next two nights. I was outside today in the rain, so a 60 degree house is just not going to work. Anyone else feeling the chill?

null-2.jpg

You betcha! Didn't we have nice weather today? And, it looks more like Carhartts than shorts for this weekend also. Ah, Michigan weather......

Supposed to get into the 40s again for the new two nights here. Weirdness.... I might burn some splitter trash and branches and junkmail.

We were tempted to light the stove but ultimately decided against it. We just bundle up more.

Same thing here, fired the stove up last night and threw a few logson this morning. Luckily nothing planted in the garden will be hurt if the frost hits this evening.30 miles SE of Lansing.

Fired up the boiler few a couple days myself. Got the water set at 120° so it really won't eat much wood to take the morning chill off.

I run my OWB year round so all I have to do is turn up the thermostat if I want to take the chill off. I haven't had to do that for a while but this weekend looks like a possibility. We've got a lot of rain and clouds and stuff in the forecast with a high of 50* tomorrow. :msp_mad:

All day rain and temps falling to 40F by 6:00 PM put a chill in the house. Is so easy to fire up the wood furnace and more comfortiable than a pile of quilts on the bed. Will keep it choked down a bit during the day today and let her rip this evening if it is still cvool out side.
Like cooler than 80F temps but 30's and 40's at this time of year and not in the UPPER is to cool.

:D Al

Chilly here in the Cleveland area. I should have built a fire but am too lazy. Family crabbing that its cold in the house this morning.:msp_blink:

63[sup]o[/sup] in the house this morning... we have a few windows open. Should have plenty of sun today and temps close to 70[sup]o[/sup] so it'll likely warm-up nicely in here. The weekend looks to be a bit chilly though, with little solar energy... may haf'ta have one or two more little fires yet this year.

I sort'a had it in my mind to use the first rainy weekend to pull out the "stovace" and start installing the DAKA... but if'n were gonna' be needing heat...??
Guess I'll wait for the first warm rainy weekend. Besides, I see there's a some calcium chloride solution seeping from one of the tractor tire tubes and that needs attention before it destroys the rim... and there is that pile of walnut logs... some of the window screens need new screening... I think the charging system on the old JD may have quit (could be the battery) and it needs new belts... tire on the big trailer has a slow leak, wheel bearing going out on the little one... the wife has been talking about a new kitchen floor and carpet on the front porch... need to re-mulch the flower beds... the back entry has needed a new coat of paint for over two years now (I hate painting, but probably should wait until after the DAKA has been moved in anyway, 'cause we'll likely scuff-up the walls... that's my my story and I'm stickin' to it)... been wantin' to put up a new flag pole ever since the old one blew over in a storm a couple years ago... the pickup fuel tank started leaking when over half-full last winter and the new tank is sitting in the shop... pressure tank in the well pit is seeping... burn barrel has finally rusted-out... But... But...

But, it is a holiday weekend... the refreshment cooler in the shop is fully stocked with beer, with a couple of boxes in reserve so life-is-good. Worst case, I just kick-back and watch it rain.........

Warm today but highs in the mid fifties tomorrow. That Michigan weather is heading this way. Temps in the forties so the garden will be safe. Probably will light the fire tomorrow.

Yes. 40s in the morning. It tried to snow here, at 1000 feet in elevation on Wednesday. The ground turned white 500 feet higher. I suspect that our Wednesday has landed in your area. It was windy also.

Tease of summer followed by winter remembrance

( CENTRALIA ) – We recently were given a preview of summer. We’re now feeling weather that’s more typical of February or March. KELA-KMNT Weatherman Dean Dahlin says yesterday’s high temperature wasn’t that high at all. The 47 degrees reached yesterday was the coldest for the date since 1984. It’ll remain chilly through today. Memorial Day weekend doesn’t appear to be a soaker. However, Dean doesn’t expect much warmer temperatures and does see additional chances of precipitation.

63[sup]o[/sup] in the house this morning... we have a few windows open. Should have plenty of sun today and temps close to 70[sup]o[/sup] so it'll likely warm-up nicely in here. The weekend looks to be a bit chilly though, with little solar energy... may haf'ta have one or two more little fires yet this year.

I sort'a had it in my mind to use the first rainy weekend to pull out the "stovace" and start installing the DAKA... but if'n were gonna' be needing heat...??
Guess I'll wait for the first warm rainy weekend. Besides, I see there's a some calcium chloride solution seeping from one of the tractor tire tubes and that needs attention before it destroys the rim... and there is that pile of walnut logs... some of the window screens need new screening... I think the charging system on the old JD may have quit (could be the battery) and it needs new belts... tire on the big trailer has a slow leak, wheel bearing going out on the little one... the wife has been talking about a new kitchen floor and carpet on the front porch... need to re-mulch the flower beds... the back entry has needed a new coat of paint for over two years now (I hate painting, but probably should wait until after the DAKA has been moved in anyway, 'cause we'll likely scuff-up the walls... that's my my story and I'm stickin' to it)... been wantin' to put up a new flag pole ever since the old one blew over in a storm a couple years ago... the pickup fuel tank started leaking when over half-full last winter and the new tank is sitting in the shop... pressure tank in the well pit is seeping... burn barrel has finally rusted-out... But... But...

But, it is a holiday weekend... the refreshment cooler in the shop is fully stocked with beer, with a couple of boxes in reserve so life-is-good. Worst case, I just kick-back and watch it rain.........

The beer has a expiration date, I know where I'd start on that list.:givebeer:

44 degrees. Lit the stove at 5:30 this morning, splitter trash and stuff from the smut-pile. I don't mind having a use for the 'smut'. High of 85 yesterday and expected to be about half of that today. Current temp at 10:30 am is 45.
It stopped raining so I'm headed for that "smut" pile to bring in some more:msp_sad: I really thought I was done for the year.
On the flip-side, its great weather for cutting and that's what I had planned for today anyway. :msp_biggrin:

Noon and 44 here. House was 63 degrees this morning so we kicked on the OWB and it'll run for the next day or two. I have a lot of small stuff that I don't mind burning. Its a pain in the neck to load it with all that small stuff in the cold season anyways.

Wifey just called me at work wanting to know what time I'd be leaving, asked her how the weather was and she said it was cold and rainy, told her to send the kid outside and bring some wood into the garage, I'm on top of the Manhattan bridge freezing my butt off on Memorial Day weekend, weird.

Back