I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What gives with eBay sellers telling you they will give positive feedback after you give them positive first??!!

I use Buy it Now and pay immediately... my part is done... is that not true?

As a seller, after you "the buyer" have paid, I should give you feedback on what you did, pay immediately. And you should give feedback after the parts arrive in the condition I described and shipped fast.

Am I screwed up?

After being schooled in the NEW ways of eBay... Some sellers have no choice but to wait for your feedback.. and say that negative feedback doesn't matter when it comes to your opinion.. but kills the bottom line by penalizing you 20% of the profit. eBay takes 20% from you because the customer wasn't happy.. they don't give it to him, they keep it.. WOW..

That's called stealing where I come from!

What gives with eBay sellers telling you they will give positive feedback after you give them positive first??!!

I use Buy it Now and pay immediately... my part is done... is that not true?

As a seller, after you "the buyer" have paid, I should give you feedback on what you did, pay immediately. And you should give feedback after the parts arrive in the condition I described and shipped fast.

Am I screwed up?

Feedback is pointless. One side can only leave positive feedback. If you look at the feedback I leave for other people, I only leave funny quips that rarely have anything to do with the transaction. That is if I leave it at all. But the "I won't give feedback until you do first..." argument is even more pointless. Decent sellers have nothing to worry about as long as they make the buyer happy. And that can be done even after the buyer has an issue. Did you get your item? were you happy? Was the transaction ok on your side? Then leave feedback first. Sellers may have had extortion buyers in the past, I can see no other reason not to leave feedback, other than it is pointless due to recent changes to your right to leave a neg when needed as a seller.

just never forget you are two people talking to each other. And try to act as though these folks are standing in front of you. Things can go wrong otherwise.

Feedback is pointless. One side can only leave positive feedback. If you look at the feedback I leave for other people, I only leave funny quips that rarely have anything to do with the transaction. That is if I leave it at all. But the "I won't give feedback until you do first..." argument is even more pointless. Decent sellers have nothing to worry about as long as they make the buyer happy. And that can be done even after the buyer has an issue. Did you get your item? were you happy? Was the transaction ok on your side? Then leave feedback first. Sellers may have had extortion buyers in the past, I can see no other reason not to leave feedback, other than it is pointless due to recent changes to your right to leave a neg when needed as a seller.

just never forget you are two people talking to each other. And try to act as though these folks are standing in front of you. Things can go wrong otherwise.

I have had no issues with the recent transaction that prompted this email from the seller. He's always done right by me, just peaves my off I received an email telling me to leave positive so I get it in return.. my part was perfect... his should be as well and nobody has to worry. I agree, do a good job and you'll never have to worry and as a seller, I always leave as soon as you pay!

Only one transaction I had a seller not pay, claimed he was laid off... :poop: happens!

I have had no issues with the recent transaction that prompted this email from the seller. He's always done right by me, just peaves my off I received an email telling me to leave positive so I get it in return.. my part was perfect... his should be as well and nobody has to worry. I agree, do a good job and you'll never have to worry and as a seller, I always leave as soon as you pay!

Only one transaction I had a seller not pay, claimed he was laid off... :poop: happens!

Ebay rapes us sellers............muh ass is precious to me. :msp_ohmy:

Ebay rapes us sellers............muh ass is precious to me. :msp_ohmy:

Mine too and why I've been pulling my stuff. The only problem we have is that sometimes we need to use the site to find a part not otherwise available.

Feedback will be left automatically as soon as we receive positive feedback. The computer is set to provide the feedback when they receive it and if they receive negative negative they provide no feedback.

Useless!

After being schooled in the NEW ways of eBay... Some sellers have no choice but to wait for your feedback.. and say that negative feedback doesn't matter when it comes to your opinion.. but kills the bottom line by penalizing you 20% of the profit. eBay takes 20% from you because the customer wasn't happy.. they don't give it to him, they keep it.. WOW..

That's called stealing where I come from!

Is THIS something new, actual policy.....???????????

Mine too and why I've been pulling my stuff. The only problem we have is that sometimes we need to use the site to find a part not otherwise available.

Feedback will be left automatically as soon as we receive positive feedback. The computer is set to provide the feedback when they receive it and if they receive negative negative they provide no feedback.

Useless!

Yeah......I'm about done with ebay as a seller.

And to Jon as well. Tell that sicko to take the web cam out of the shop. Nobody (except perhaps Scott and Wen-dull) wants to see that sort of thing...:msp_ohmy:

Living in California has deformed your perception of what other men are into. I am sure that you are some honking scoop of love to your fellow mates in California. Butt I assure you that after 4 kids, I am in no way attracted to the proverbial Poop Shoot, male or any other kind. I even have a tattoo on my butt that say's "One way, Do not Enter."

Living in California has deformed your perception of what other men are into. I am sure that you are some honking scoop of love to your fellow mates in California. Butt I assure you that after 4 kids, I am in no way attracted to the proverbial Poop Shoot, male or any other kind. I even have a tattoo on my butt that say's "One way, Do not Enter."

I can't help but think you must be sending mixed signals, I've gone my entire life without the need for a reminder message tattooed on my body. :confused:

from when you thought you were going to prison?

I was just thinking about the lady released from the Mexican Prison for supposedly smuggling 12 pounds of weed from Mexico. I suppose I should add Spanish and French translations if heading to other countries. I guess you can never be too safe.

Latest posts

Back