Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what you guys are complaining about - in Oz 'bay the selling fees have just hit 10%.

385/390xp

I'm looking for the following 385/390XP parts. Please PM me if you have anything.

1. Chain brake handle
  2. The blue plastic piece that the chain brake spring slides over
  3. Clutch cover
  4. Clutch drum
  5. Needle bearing
  6. Heat deflector behind muffler
  7. Air filter mount
  8. Choke rod and grommet
  9. 1/2 wrap handle
  10. Starter/recoil assembly
  11. Carb

Last edited:
I'm looking for the following 385/390XP parts. Please PM me if you have anything.

1. Chain brake handle
  3. Clutch cover
  4. Clutch drum
  5. Needle bearing
  7. Air filter mount
  8. Carb box floor + bolts
  9. Choke rod and grommet
  10. 1/2 wrap handle
  11. Starter/recoil assembly
  12. Carb

not asking for much are you:msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

I find that HSS works just fine for cutting squish bands.

Even on AM cylinders? I've flexed a 1/2 solid carbide boring bar trying to get through the plating on the first cut. It will kill any insert made for aluminum. I have to use the ones for stainless.

Even on AM cylinders? I've flexed a 1/2 solid carbide boring bar trying to get through the plating on the first cut. It will kill any insert made for aluminum. I have to use the ones for stainless.

I don't cut squish bands, but when I cut into something chrome,I almost always set it up to cut into the edge of it, not straight into it. Is that doable? Start where the chrome ends? Or would that take out too much material?
Just my thoughts... Not an expert.

1. Chain brake handle
  3. Clutch cover
  4. Clutch drum
  5. Needle bearing
  7. Air filter mount
  8. Choke rod and grommet
  9. 1/2 wrap handle
  11. Carb

I have 2, 6, 7, and 8. I'll need a mailing address.

1. Chain brake handle
  3. Clutch cover
  4. Clutch drum
  5. Needle bearing
  7. Air filter mount
  8. Choke rod and grommet
  9. 1/2 wrap handle
  11. Carb

did you pull the 390 air filter of flee bay haha , let me know if you end up with extra parts. I am also looking for some 385 stuff.:msp_razz:

I've cut through some hard plating in the squish, got to go slow and turn slow it seems?? Works for me, I can take pic of my cutter setup if you want. I've had much better luck with HSS then any insert I've tried, on my lathe anyway.

I've cut through some hard plating in the squish, got to go slow and turn slow it seems?? Works for me, I can take pic of my cutter setup if you want. I've had much better luck with HSS then any insert I've tried, on my lathe anyway.

Maybe I should turn it slower. It gets to singing.

Maybe I should turn it slower. It gets to singing.

Ya, try that, I go as slow as my lathe will turn.

sideways wire terminal

okay, i called it a sideways terminal cause i don't know the real term. can't even find a pic. but i know there're made cause i took one off my poulan 3800. does anyone know what the proper nomenclature is and/or where these could be obtained? tried the big boxes, radio shack, graingers, etc. no joy. sorry for just the thumbnail.
EVERY FRICKIN TIME I WANT TO POST A PIC ITS TAKES 30 MINUTES TO FIGURE OUT HOW. I'VE ALREADY SPENT MY ALLOTED 30 MINUTES. THIS GETS REALLY OLD. HOW ABOUT SOME HELP FROM THE SITE OWNER?
okay, i'm through venting. sigh!

newreply.php

okay, i called it a sideways terminal cause i don't know the real term. can't even find a pic. but i know there're made cause i took one off my poulan 3800. does anyone know what the proper nomenclature is and/or where these could be obtained? tried the big boxes, radio shack, graingers, etc. no joy. sorry for just the thumbnail.
EVERY FRICKIN TIME I WANT TO POST A PIC ITS TAKES 30 MINUTES TO FIGURE OUT HOW. I'VE ALREADY SPENT MY ALLOTED 30 MINUTES. THIS GETS REALLY OLD. HOW ABOUT SOME HELP FROM THE SITE OWNER?

newreply.php

"Flag terminal" is what you're after, I believe.

NTE 76-FT22L - Non Ins Flag Term 22-18 AWG (50 PK) : Flag Terminals | RadioShack.com

Jerry, that would be a 'non-insulated standard barrel' connector, per the McMaster-Carr online catalog.

newreply.php

Try an electrical supply shop. I believe they're called 90 degree female flag terminals. They come in 3/16, 1/4 and a couple of different guages and can be insulated or uninsulated.
I hear you about posting pics. It's a learning experience for sure.

newreply.php

Jerry , PM sent....

Latest posts

Back