Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope everything is ok where you are at sawnami. The building I work at took a couple of power hits so I had to go check things over. It took me 30 minutes or more to go from my house to work, 6 miles. People were pulled over from so much rain coming down and Campbell was flooded over south of the library, about a foot. Never seen so much water all at once. 2 hours later it was all gone. Amazing.

My next door neighbor has lived in their house for 50 years and they said that it was the worst flooding that they had ever seen. My trailer almost got washed away.:msp_scared: Ended hooking 80 feet of log chain to it and tying it to a tree until it was over. Got about 3 ton of rock and gravel washed into the yard. The driveway is so bad that I don't know if we can drive the car up it. Had to evacuate the dog out of his pen so he wouldn't drown. Glad it's over!

Man, that sucks.

One night when I was 17, folks were gone square danceing. It rained 8 inches in 2 1/2 hours. I just had to drive down in the valley the check the creek. Yup, over the bridge. Drove home and parked the car in the usual spot. Next morning looked out and half the driveway was gone down in a sinkhole 20 ft. accross and 10 ft. deep.:msp_scared:

South St. Louis county is all karst formation. Lots of sinkholes. New one in our yard.

My next door neighbor has lived in their house for 50 years and they said that it was the worst flooding that they had ever seen. My trailer almost got washed away.:msp_scared: Ended hooking 80 feet of log chain to it and tying it to a tree until it was over. Got about 3 ton of rock and gravel washed into the yard. The driveway is so bad that I don't know if we can drive the car up it. Had to evacuate the dog out of his pen so he wouldn't drown. Glad it's over!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kN2foRVkeww" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Glad to hear you're okay Steve outside the upcoming hassle with the insurance.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kN2foRVkeww" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow. Talk about the rich getting richer,..... That gravel is getting hard to get! Good score!

:)

I hope it isn't as bad as it seems. And that everyone's stuff is ok.

And everyone.

BTW, living 50 years in one spot is not as far fetched as it seems.......

:salute:

Wow. Talk about the rich getting richer,..... That gravel is getting hard to get! Good score!

:laugh: Yeah, the only thing is, the gravel was mine. It washed down off of the driveway and over the lower part of the property. Now I DID get a LOT of free Ozarks boulders that tumbled onto the property though. Lost a couple of my 34" X 8' test logs. :msp_confused: Several weird holes on the yard from swirling water. Maybe I can stack some of those boulders around them and make them into fish ponds. :D

:laugh: Yeah, the only thing is, the gravel was mine. It washed down off of the driveway and over the lower part of the property. Now I DID get a LOT of free Ozarks boulders that tumbled onto the property though. Lost a couple of my 34" X 8' test logs. :msp_confused: Several weird holes on the yard from swirling water. Maybe I can stack some of those boulders around them and make them into fish ponds. :D

That would make you an environmentalist. Recycled gravel, and wetlands......

Thank goodness you stopped before you were a 'sky opener'. (Taking the trees out of the view)

That would make you an environmentalist. Recycled gravel, and wetlands......

Thank goodness you stopped before you were a 'sky opener'. (Taking the trees out of the view)

Don't worry, I'll spread some used oil on the driveway when I'm done to keep the dust down:p

I've got around 10-20" plus Jack pines that appear to be biting the dust in the future for some reason. I guess that will be my involuntary sky opening. Oh well, they'll make some nice GTG cants some day.

Don't worry, I'll spread some used oil on the driveway when I'm done to keep the dust down:p

I've got around 10-20" plus Jack pines that appear to be biting the dust in the future for some reason. I guess that will be my involuntary sky opening. Oh well, they'll make some nice GTG cants some day.

You could bring them up in August:rock:

You could bring them up in August:rock:

They aren't quite done for yet but, I've been told their time is near.

Wish I could make it for your GTG but it's the same weekend as my antique auto swap meet. I've been a vendor since the late 70's and have quite few people that look for me each year.

I will up be there earlier in that week on my yearly motorcycle adventure ride on the back roads and levees around Carrollton and Chillicothe.

Man you sure do have a nice place there is alot of people that would love to have some trophy buck river front property like you have. :msp_thumbup:

Matt's slab.

ejyzy5y2.jpg

[video=youtube;BAIjF00sKmI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAIjF00sKmI&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Not finished yet just made a quick run with a poop chain

I've got a bigger than 48 stem to drop tomorrow. Got it down to 30 feet today, some in the rain.

About 120 foot oak, dead.

The 372 needs a little more TLC. So I'm dropping the stem with a Shinny. :)

Latest posts

Back